Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after laying my bike down doing some reading on it does it store a code when i did this? when i turn the bike on id soesnt show an err code. was it not reconized by the ecu? when i turn the key to on and press the select and reset buttons for 8 seconds it says diag then press them again for 2 seconds and starts with do1:16. did it not store the code or how do i find out. unsure even after reading the pdf manual. please help!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You're just seeing the value for diagnostic code 01, which is the throttle angle. It's showing 16, which is normal for the fully closed position.

At that point, to see the history of fault codes that have been logged, you have to press either Select or Reset (I forget which) until diagnostic code 61 shows up. That will show any faults that have been stored in the system. If there's only one stored code, it will show one. If there is more than one, it will cycle through them. It will show 00 if no malfunctions have been noted. I think codes 30 and 41 are probably what you're looking for if the bike fell over.

Hope this helps.

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks fraggle1. dont know how this damn thread got posted twice.

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok number 60 is a 00 so it didnt register. now to look at the tip over code.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
No problem, glad it helped. I'm not sure if typing 60 was a typo, but you want to be checking diag number 61. If number 61 read 00, that means there are no codes stored and you can stop looking. If you check diag 62, it will tell you how many codes are stored, and will let you erase them if you want.

I just checked mine for the heck of it, and had a TPS fault code and an intake air temperature fault code (15 and 22). I wonder if the TPS code is new, or just left over from when it went bad the first time...

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
redoliander said:
ok number 60 is a 00 so it didnt register. now to look at the tip over code.
diaG 61 is the error code display, not 60, you should have at least one error if you tip over since at least the lean angle sensor would've surely registered.

diaG 62 is to clear the error

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah 61:00 and 62:0. all looks good. thanks alot you guys. sometime ill fix the plastic. but it doesnt look too bad. i want to do the pod lights, since i took the signals off, so when i do fix the plastic that will be the time to do it

·
FastAss
321 Posts
Hmmm can anyone tell me what do1:15 is ?
If so I have several more that I have no clue about and can't seem to locate them in the manual.
do3: 101
do5: 28
do6: 27

ect,ect,ect

d61: 15...but it's never been dropped

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The diagnostic codes are listed in the "fuel injection" section of the service manual. Make sure you're looking at diagnostic codes, not error codes. The only ones I know off the top of my head are:

d01:15 - Like mentioned above, that's a reading of the throttle angle. A reading of 15 is normal for fully closed. If you twist the throttle while in d01, you can see the values change.

d61:15 - Your bike logged a fault code for the TPS at some point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts