Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
It looks good, would like to see it on a bike to make a final decision. Also that price if you didn't notice was in Euros.

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think it looks ok too, I'd rather see one before going for it though, just as you said. Yeah, Euros. Feh. Better than GBP though!!!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Looks kind of cheap, boxy and angular to me, doesn't appear like it will match the bike very well?

I saw it and the other Ermax products for the FZ6 and they all look kind of crappy, IMHO.

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Binary Jay said:
Looks kind of cheap, boxy and angular to me, doesn't appear like it will match the bike very well?

I saw it and the other Ermax products for the FZ6 and they all look kind of crappy, IMHO.
Yeah, I figured (if I got it) I would consider sanding the squared/boxy edges smooth. I'm wondering, where'd you see the Ermax stuff? I'd love to see the cowling somewhere with my own eyes...

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I purchased one of these a few months ago, sent it back! The color was way off and fit sucked! Material was real thin, not a quality part.

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bikerx75 - THANK YOU for the feedback! Did you end up going with one of the other ones out there? If so, which?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
biker6, I didn't go with any of them. The TCP looks to chunky. I wanted a clean smooth look. Now, it maybe possible to get Yamaha's seat cover. It looks to be more on the smooth clean look and the right color match.

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I think you and I are on the same page. I looked at the Yamaha one but I don't like the way it leaves part of the seat exposed. I want all of the back seat covered. I guess I'll hold out for now, hopefully some of the companies in the States will start making more parts for the FZ6 now that it has been out for a couple years here (not to mention the many years over seas).

:cheers

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heavy FZ6 said:
I though it was a total redesign, here and overseas, in '04?????
Yeah, I think the first year the FZ6 was offered here in the states was in 2004. Overseas the Fazer has been around for a loooonnnng time. So, I guess where I was going with that was just that the concept of a Fazer/FZ6 has been around and successful in Europe for quite some time, so you'd think there would be a bunch of parts options for both the old Fazers and the new FZ6s as it's a sure thing and not some experimental bike that Yamaha JUST came out with...

Hopefully I'm making sense. I have a head cold and sometimes when I'm sick my brain checks out so things will make sense to me but others will look at me like I'm a moron. :drool (<-- that's me)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts