Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Common sense isn't common
Joined
·
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I expect from it....

The base I'm at is having a ERC instructor come in and teach the class to those that have already done the BRC and can ride on base... We need to critique the class because the base wants to know if its a good idea to use the ERC in place of the BRC.... Its hard for most people to get off for those 3 days to take the BRC due to work schedules and the amount of work most people have/. ...
 

·
what R you lookin' at?
Joined
·
5,313 Posts

·
#1 Gear Nazi
Joined
·
4,748 Posts
Agreed, the ERC does not teach enough fundamentals for new riders. Our base holds ERC and BRC classes on alternating months. Suggest that to them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,892 Posts
In an ERC I will expect my studnts to know in detail what I am talking about when I mention things like maximum braking, controled rear wheel skid, steering with your eyes, target fixation, coutersteering, counterweighting and more. The ERC doesnt allow time to back up and tearch the basics of these skills. Its a fast paced, short class that would loose a new rider and end up wasting their time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
I didn't do the BRC, I skipped straight to the ERC. There was a bit of a learning curve to overcome, but I was able to manage just fine.

I've been thinking about becomming an MSF instructor so I may end up having to take the BRC anyway...
 

·
what R you lookin' at?
Joined
·
5,313 Posts
Mykl said:
.

I've been thinking about becomming an MSF instructor so I may end up having to take the BRC anyway...

in TX to become an MSF inst. you'll need to have taken the BRC within 1yr of trying to become an inst.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
RACER X said:
in TX to become an MSF inst. you'll need to have taken the BRC within 1yr of trying to become an inst.
Yep.... I called the base safety monitor guy and I'm told that to become an instructor I need to have taken the BRC and ERC and have five years of riding experience to become eligible for the instructors course. I meet those requirements... it's simply a matter of finding the time to get away from work for the training.
 

·
what R you lookin' at?
Joined
·
5,313 Posts
Mykl said:
Yep.... I called the base safety monitor guy and I'm told that to become an instructor I need to have taken the BRC and ERC and have five years of riding experience to become eligible for the instructors course. I meet those requirements... it's simply a matter of finding the time to get away from work for the training.
i don't on 2 counts........ :nerd

ERC nor 5 yrs.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top