Sport Bikes banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like a little advice on helmets. You know I'd love an AGV or Shoei, but I just don't want to throw 400 into a helmet at these beginning stages. So, my question is, are there any awesome bang-for-your-buck helmets with low wind noise, etc.? I see that helmets like HJC are cheaper, but I just don't know anything about them.

Same question for jackets too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went full out and bought an Arai Quantum II

I couldnt see buying a cheaper helmet, I am talking about my HEAD, and I figured I am more likely to go down being a new rider.

When I dropped the bike at MSF only wearing a Skid Lid, I realised I want a great helmet

·
Registered
18,047 Posts
Look for full face and Snell 2000 approval. HJC is a great choice among the B-List brands, IMHO. KBC is well thought of as well.

More expensive helmets are quieter, fit more comfortably, and have better features but they don't arguably protect you better (despite the hype from ARAI.)

·
I own license2ill
5,695 Posts
go to denniskirk.com and go to the discount items and check there I got an AFX helmet for $54.00 just because they changed the color pattern on them for the new year

·
Registered
981 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Go with an HJC helmet like the CL 14 (or other Snell 2000 recommendation) and a good textile jacket from Joe Rocket and you'll come in under budget.
that exactly what i did. now that i know im in for the long haul, when i get some extra $$, ill be getting the good stuff

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
patfitz9 said:
KBC from www.helmetharbor.com great guys, and KBCs are awesome. i have a VR-1 euro, and i love it. DOT and Snell tests are the same for every helmet, so if they pass they pass, it doesn't matter the brand.
They don't issue a grade, just pass/fail; it doesn't make all helmets equal. I'm not saying I know what helmets get what grades but it's not so black&white.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.