Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like a little advice on helmets. You know I'd love an AGV or Shoei, but I just don't want to throw 400 into a helmet at these beginning stages. So, my question is, are there any awesome bang-for-your-buck helmets with low wind noise, etc.? I see that helmets like HJC are cheaper, but I just don't know anything about them.

Same question for jackets too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went full out and bought an Arai Quantum II

I couldnt see buying a cheaper helmet, I am talking about my HEAD, and I figured I am more likely to go down being a new rider.

When I dropped the bike at MSF only wearing a Skid Lid, I realised I want a great helmet

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
go to denniskirk.com and go to the discount items and check there I got an AFX helmet for $54.00 just because they changed the color pattern on them for the new year

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm looking for a max of about 200 on a helmet and if possible, the same on the jacket.

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
KBC from www.helmetharbor.com great guys, and KBCs are awesome. i have a VR-1 euro, and i love it. DOT and Snell tests are the same for every helmet, so if they pass they pass, it doesn't matter the brand.

·
Registered
981 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Go with an HJC helmet like the CL 14 (or other Snell 2000 recommendation) and a good textile jacket from Joe Rocket and you'll come in under budget.
that exactly what i did. now that i know im in for the long haul, when i get some extra $$, ill be getting the good stuff

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
patfitz9 said:
KBC from www.helmetharbor.com great guys, and KBCs are awesome. i have a VR-1 euro, and i love it. DOT and Snell tests are the same for every helmet, so if they pass they pass, it doesn't matter the brand.
They don't issue a grade, just pass/fail; it doesn't make all helmets equal. I'm not saying I know what helmets get what grades but it's not so black&white.

·
Registered
168 Posts
KBC VR-1 from helment harbor for about 150. At the local shops they wanted over 250 for them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts