Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Enthusiast builds Jaguar "leaper" motorcycle

We like Jaguar's classic leaper emblem, we really do. But we also realize that the iconic cat needs to pounce on the right target, which doesn't include the hood of the new XF. How about on a motorcycle? Or, more appropriately, how about an entire motorcycle? One enterprising Jaguar fan has fabricated a two-wheeler that the Indian British marque won't be making itself, though the result is pretty impressive if awfully impractical. The engine is either from a Sporty or an air-cooled Buell, though the wheels are definitely from Erik's parts bin. There's a custom frame underneath suspending the engine from its top and the rear motor mounts, but the real eye-catcher is the bodywork. We can't be sure what the leaper is made from but our guess would be composites as it doesn't appear pounded from metal.
tires wheels brakes car tires motorcycle crash sports cars car videos RC cars new car automotive tires

·
Registered
844 Posts

·
Apprentice wheelieist
833 Posts
Makes sense that he put the 883 engine where the jaguar's junk would normally be.
That's what I was thinking. I wonder if they guy even considered that he was grafting a hideous mechanical dick and balls onto that poor kitty.

·
"Mindbottling isn't it?"
4,573 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Ummm... Big Deal.

I copy and paste interesting things and share with others too... So what?

I also forward e-mails.

Mindbottling isn't it?

Mindbottling?

·
"Mindbottling isn't it?"
4,573 Posts
Mindbottling?

"Yeah, mind-bottling. You know, when things are so crazy it gets your thoughts all trapped, like in a bottle?" - Chazz Michael Michaels

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I always loved that Jag emblem. I want to buy one just as a display piece. I don't like the actual cars though, especially now since an Indian company bought them. (I'm Paki so no racist, but my "people" make junk).

But ATM I can't afford anything so what do I know? LOL

·
Another day lived!
2,288 Posts
Looks like you would have to lay on the cats back just to reach the handlebars. Interesting, I'll give it that.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Saw this on digg.com today, thought it was pretty neat, i'm not so sure about comfort? but it wasn't built to be comfortable lol:banana

·
Win!
366 Posts
Okay, that is the ugliest bike I have ever laid eyes on.

I've seen some ugly bikes, but that animal there is the Commanding General of all ugly bikes.

·
Another day lived!
2,288 Posts
I would be afraid to take it out on a road with any traffic. Does'nt look like you could do any kind of evasive manuevers on it if you needed to. Strictly a show piece to me. I would be more inclined to build a functional bike instead of something like that.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Eh, copying and pasting's weak...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts