Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been doing some research. Probably just an old myth that was supposed to happen. But supposedly according to the English Town Race Way Park is opening up a Road Course to all Motorcycles and Cars. Now I don't know how sure this is but on the website there are pictures of the course itself. Its all done basically....they just need lights and the little things. Anyway anyone heard any updates cause I heard this was supposed to happen in 2002 lol?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i heard about the track too awhile back. someone told me they weren't able to open it yet because they built it before getting the proper permits. i don't know if thats true or not, its just what i heard.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey welcome to the board. I really hope something is going to happen. I was getting excited haha.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We need some more god damn traffic on this part of the board!

·
Registered
183 Posts
My understanding from some of the Team ProMotion guys is this:

1) The "Road Course" is already built. And yes, this was done without permits/permission because the folks living there have been trying to shut the track down for years on the basis of excessive noise. Never mind that the track was there long, long, before they were. The owner (rightly) figured that any permits would be denied and decided that it would be easier to apologize...

2) The guy who owns the raceway is the guy that designed it. He's supposedly an excellent and experienced dirt track designer.

3) The problem with using a dirt track designer to create a road course is that the results are far, far too tight to use for a road bike/car, that there isn't sufficient runoff, and that sections of the track point potential crashers at oncoming traffic.

I haven't been there, but trust the opinions of the guys who told me the above.

In other news - Supposedly there is a real effort going on to build a *serious* motorsports complex in South Jersey. Offroad courses, Nascar oval, and a totally separate road course suitable for cars and bikes. I'll try to dig up the link.

Scott :)

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey great find Scott! Glad to know that the English town Track won't be going up anytime soon. I guess I won't be racing until 2010.... :a2 .......

But we do need to fire up this section of the boards. So keep checking back. Ill post pics of my bike soon.

·
Registered
183 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts