Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't even think about this till last night trying to fall asleep, and think I ran into a problem. I have a '98 GSXR 600. Blew the motor, and am in the process of throwing in a '99 750 FI motor. Will the gas tank be able to fit over the air box and everything else. Because the carb'd tanks are different from the FI tanks...Thanks

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Ueafa said:
Will the gas tank be able to fit over the air box and everything else. Because the carb'd tanks are different from the FI tanks...Thanks
Looks like you answered your own question there! How far along are you? Is the new motor in the frame yet?

Good luck! I gotta give you credit - I'm not ambitious enough to try a motor transplant from a different donor bike.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything is in engine wise. Just have to slap the radiator on and then it would be ready. But now, I swear, I am gonna beat the shit out of something, because I have run into so many different little problems with this bike, and motors for it.........FUCK!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Ueafa said:
But now, I swear, I am gonna beat the shit out of something, because I have run into so many different little problems with this bike, and motors for it.........FUCK!

...which begs the question, how'd you blow up the 600 in the first place?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had 20k on it. Melted 3rd cylinder to the wall. It was a pig engine to start. Was going to go with a '02 600 engine, but that didn't work out. Then was going to go with my tranny, and friends engine, that didn't work out either, and then finally got the 750. It's just a long road of constant hell.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just threw the tank on, to see the clearence. Damn is it close. Like an inch or less off. Wondering if I would be able to just get longer screws to throw on? Or if I have to get a different tank.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
speedtuners said:
People swap engines into these bikes all the time at gixxer.com

You will find tons of info on this at www.gixxer.com

go to the 96 to 99 gixxers section. good luck.
I've already got this thread posted over there, and about 3 other places. Just need to find out as much as I can. Only thing I don't like about Gixxer.com is it takes a while to get a response normally.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, looks like I need to snag a '98-'99 FI fuel pump while I'm at it. So this should be a fun time.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts