Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not really overheating i think, but when i ride for more than like an hour my bottom right leg starts to burn from hot air coming from the engine even though the engine temp gauge says its fine. anyone know whats wrong?

·
Registered
29 Posts
My bike does the same thing. Its just engine heat. Think about how hot the engine gets at normal operating temp. Its around i think like 190 or 200. Completely normal, I have the same problem from all my bikes aswell. some exhaust wrap could possibly cut down on heat coming from the exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya but this heat is so hot i got to get my leg off the peg so it wont burn and it really distracts, mostly when i slow down cuz thats when i feel it. o and it make my ass warm to, feels like one of those heated seats

·
Registered
29 Posts
what kind of bike and whats the temp where you are from? Like i said my bike does the same thing. 2001 zx6r and 1997 zx7r. Really only feel it during the summer. You could take it to a shop and have them put a gauge on the exhaust pipe and motor just to double check it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
its going to be alot more noticable at low speeds...ie when riding around town because there isn't much airflow to wisk the heat away from the engine, which in turn is goin to make it feel hot as hell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts