Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all you kwaka fans!
can anyone help me,ive got a ticking noise on my zzr600 1994 e1 model,but it only does it when i shut the throttle,ive had a service,chain and sprocks and a new exhaust to try and solve this problem.trouble is im not very good with engines so if the problems in there i need advice.
i would gladly like to hear from kwak owners to see if any of you have a similar noise. :cry

·
Just a Commuter
58 Posts
Sounds typical. Put in some ear plugs. That way you dont get distracted. Other than that it might need a slight valve adjust but probably not.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks gszx11 for you reply,if it is a valve that need adjusting will i hurt anything riding it? ive already spent 500 pounds on it already.(earplugs are cheat thou)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
kwak zzr said:
hi all you kwaka fans!
can anyone help me,ive got a ticking noise on my zzr600 1994 e1 model,but it only does it when i shut the throttle,ive had a service,chain and sprocks and a new exhaust to try and solve this problem.trouble is im not very good with engines so if the problems in there i need advice.
i would gladly like to hear from kwak owners to see if any of you have a similar noise. :cry
My '94 makes the very same ticking noise; Normal for this engine. The only time you'll need to worry is when it gets deafening load.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
kwak zzr said:
thanks jammin youve put my mind a rest! but do you know what causes it?
Top end and other engine noises that fill the crankcase. No worries though. If you have ever seen how BEEFY the top-ends are on this motor you will understand.

A true story:

March 2001 we blew the #3 piston and rod through the case on the up stroke. Upon tear down, we realized how strong these engines are and why the tranny's tend to be the weak link, specifically 2nd gear dogs & slots.

We removed the cams and found ZERO damage. I decided to have a custom grind made at WEB CAM (cams still not in the bike). When I told them at WEB CAM that they were the cams from the grenaded motor..........They had a hard time believing this. But it is so true, with pics to prove.

Anyhow, the moral here is the noises are from the beefy top & bottom end designs. NOISY BUT SOLID!

Just call me Johnny

Late!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for that! now i know a little more.(just ride and enjoy ok)
daz (england with 94 zzr 600 e1)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts