Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only think I'm not liking about my Katana is the heat, the thing gets HOT!

What makes it worse are the fairings (I think) as they route the air exactly to your legs and under the seat, so the seat gets hot and your legs (upper part, near the butt) also gets hot!

Is this normal???

I think it may be, a 750cc four banger must put out quite a bit of heat, and as I'm used to my 150cc thumper (you can barely feel the engine heat) I'm getting annoyed by the heat.

I can't remember where, but I read that the air/oil cooled GSX-R (wich were the basis for the tunas) were famous for that.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
i know my bike gets hella hot(which is normal for TLs) if im at a stop light i acutally have to stand up to let air beneath me and the seat(balls get roasted). Also i can feel the extremely hot air going through my jeans from the radiator when i start moving.

·
Registered
886 Posts
On my kat 750, I only noticed it when I was wearing jeans, and there was a crosswind in which case the crosswind would blow hot air onto my legs. And of course in traffic and getting up to speed after being in traffic.

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
Süsser Tod said:
The only think I'm not liking about my Katana is the heat, the thing gets HOT!

What makes it worse are the fairings (I think) as they route the air exactly to your legs and under the seat, so the seat gets hot and your legs (upper part, near the butt) also gets hot!

Is this normal???

I think it may be, a 750cc four banger must put out quite a bit of heat, and as I'm used to my 150cc thumper (you can barely feel the engine heat) I'm getting annoyed by the heat.

I can't remember where, but I read that the air/oil cooled GSX-R (wich were the basis for the tunas) were famous for that.
yes it is normal for them as well as be ready to hear all kinds of noise that you never heard on bikes without farings. the farings direct the hot air and all the engine noise right at you.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
My FZ6 doesn't feel hot in the slightest to me even after hours of touring, but I wouldn't worry about the heat from your bike if you're not getting any temperature warning dummy lights on the dash.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Dummy light, is that like the yellow light that comes on when you rev toooo high? :)

Yea, sitting in traffic sucks, it gets hot... think about, SS bikes were not ment to sit in traffic at stop lights....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Oh, and my RC51 is definetly not a sit in traffic bike. That temp shoots
up to 220+ in a heartbeat, and I can feel that heat too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts