Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the yamaha engine guard for the FZ6 in the flesh?

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/accessories/accessories/acc_details.jsp?grpId=336&productId=1698$2$FZ6&year=2004&pageNr=1&accessoryId=25749

I am wandering if it might look better and give greater protection than a set of sliders....

·
Registered
504 Posts
You mean these? I ordered them at the same time I plopped down money for the bike. By the time I picked the bike up, the bars were already on there, my dealership was nice enough to throw them on for me.

I like them, I've made use of the left side once already, they work! :)

-Q

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow great pics, I want a set. Can you give any more info, like the price and where your dealer ordered them from. Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would have to check the paperwork to recall how much they were. Though I think they were in the $100-$200 (Canadian) range. I'm pretty sure the dealership ordered them from Yamaha directly, they're a genuine Yamaha accessory.

I was actually surprised when I first got them at how many compliments I got about them. I think they really do fit the bike rather nicely.

-Q

·
Registered
11 Posts
Presuming that the engine guard and the frame sliders can't both be installed simultaneously, which option would be better as far as protecting the vital parts of the bike? Anyone have opinions or evidence? Wish I could have both, just in case.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice one Qualdoth!

They do look pretty good :)

I know the Yamaha sliders definitely can't be fitted with the bars but I think the bars are going to do a better job than the sliders if I have to choose between the two.

It does look like it rules out having a lower cowling also but I can live with that easier than a cracked engine casing!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are these engine guards sold in Canada? I tried getting them through my dealer in the US and Yamaha told him that they are not available. I found them listed on a UK website, but shipping was $40.

If I remember correctly, the factory engine guards were less expensive than the factory sliders (i.e., rollers as they call them).

·
Registered
23 Posts
qualdoth said:
I would have to check the paperwork to recall how much they were. Though I think they were in the $100-$200 (Canadian) range. I'm pretty sure the dealership ordered them from Yamaha directly, they're a genuine Yamaha accessory.

I was actually surprised when I first got them at how many compliments I got about them. I think they really do fit the bike rather nicely.

-Q
any chance you have a yamaha part number for these..i have to really spoon feed my dealer to get them to find anything in their catalogs..itd be nice to say here...this is the part number

·
Registered
504 Posts
sparky8844 said:
any chance you have a yamaha part number for these..i have to really spoon feed my dealer to get them to find anything in their catalogs..itd be nice to say here...this is the part number
Ok, just sent myself an e-mail to do this when I get home tonight, along with the price :D

As for the other question, yes, these engine guards are available in Canada, that's how I got them! (through my dealer).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a used bike that came with these Yamaha engine guards. I found that I could not fit my standard filter removal tool over the filter. Any ideas? Is it necessary to buy a special Yamaha filter removal tool? Thanks.

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Banned
2,576 Posts
I have the engine guard and I put sliders on the end of it. it's not rocket science. I was also looking at a lower cowl and it wouldn't take much surgery to modify the cowling to fit.
Never say never......

If you also look at the bike, there is a second arm of the frame that appears to me that sliders could be installed in this location as well....

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
so is there a site here in the US where we can order these... cause i want to get the black bar set...???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.