Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to do it guys - but I still can't find answers to this one. It is in the Archives I bet, but as you all know - they have been down and I am impatient.

So I hear this engine tick when I go from a slow acceleration at the top of second gear into thrid and again at the top of third into fourth. When I say slow acceleration - I mean like around 3-4grand on the RPMs before a shift.

Anyone have the archives cached or know what others were talking about on this topic. Dealer doesn't seem to know, but I'm gonna have em look closer at it when it goes for the 600 mile service.

Aight - I'm out

·
Registered
320 Posts
Mine has a lot of what sounds like valve clatter (ticking from multiple sources, not just one) that seems to go away at higher RPM's and it's really pronounced at idle. I think that the thread covering this subject had a ton of posters saying they heard the same sort of thing. Or are you talking about some sound other than the "normal" clattering sound? Can you duplicate it at the dealer so they can hear it?

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
We pretty much concluded that everyones bike has it and some are louder than others. We feel it is cause by the fuel injectors. My 97 sable has that same ticking sound as my bike and the sable does not have valve noise or lifter noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts