Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you carry for emergency repairs? My commute is pretty long and missing class because my tires went flat or getting raped by someone "helping out" just isn't an option; I miss enough classes between kids and mental health days. What should a good emergency kit contain? obviously it should be small, but I can put it in the givi so it's not like I am limited to only under the seat. I think a small medical kit would be good, but I am lost when it comes to what kinds of break downs bikes most frequently have. Any recommendations on tire repair kits? What about chain issues? I heard something about a putty that is metal that Doc Wong used to repair a tank that a chain blasted a hole through... I guess my basic question is just, what is out there that you have used and found helpful?

·
Registered
5,025 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
i carry a bunch of fuses, a well-charged cell phone, and my free towing card!(Nextel covers roadside assistance for bikes - well, the program is closed now for new members)

·
Registered
501 Posts
allen wrenches, spare fuel filter, tire plug kit, (I need to replace the bicycle pump i broke last year) screwdrivers, socket set, cell phone, fuses, maps, towel

stuff all fits in tank bag with plenty of room to spare, i only take that stuff along when I go out of the city, when i commute i only bring an allen wrench and spare fuel filter tucked away in my tool tray under the seat

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
No one mentioned a flashlight. I carry a mini maglight with the LED bulb. Don't want to get cought in the dark and it can also be easily used to signal for help.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw the coolest flash light at autozone yesterday. It didn't have batteries and instead had some sort of generator; you shook the flashlight for a bit and then it would light for several minutes at a time. Seemed good since I always have a flashlight that is dead when I need it.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
No extra batteries at your house Fizzy? :)

Those flashlights are pretty cool tho, and handy.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I dont have flashlight, i have glowsticks in the bag. light and cheap.

And you never know when a rave might start out of nowhere :headbang

·
loner
201 Posts
i'm installing a powerport in my undertail and plan on putting a surefire charger cradle in there... or i could just throw an LED flashlight with LiON batteries in there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Go to walmart and buy string plugs, rubber cement, a rasper and plug insertion tool, a kid's pencil bag plus this air pump:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-technical-articles/air-pump/

It should cost you less than $25 when all done and fit under your seat. I've save myself twice and with the reusable air supply I've saved two other bikes on the road as well as I can adjust my tire pressure on the fly (pump it up for the slab to save the tires and lower it for the twisties)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts