Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving at 3 today for Road America!

The forecast looks like rain early, rain late, and rain in between, but I don't give a damn. 4 days of no work, no school, fast bikes, good beer, and good buddies!

anyone else been to superbike weekend at Elkhart Lake?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Have fun.

Don't do the parade lap. Looks like they just turn the squids loose.

·
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy in that video looked drunk. Honestly, the parade laps looked controlled and tame when I watched last year, but that video is certainly evidence of some stupidity.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
anyone else laugh when the guy face planted on his tail section?

Reactions: The Predator

·
Registered
507 Posts
anyone else laugh when the guy face planted on his tail section?
Yeah. But I probably would have been shaken up too. In his defense, it looked like somebody pinched off his line through the corner, and he squeezed the front brake too hard. Could happen to a lot of people really, especially if they don't have track experience.

- John

·
Registered
178 Posts
When I first watched it looked like he broken an ankle OR had a minor concussion. After repeat viewings it does seem more like an alcohol thing.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
When I worked the AMA weekend, we called that the squid parade for obvious reasons. Without fail at least 1 rider would go down every year. The level of stupidity in a crowd was amazing.

Won't be going this year, have to work. (And not the track)

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
Sorry to hijack your thread.

I think the massive damage to his helmet would be more indicative of head trauma than the effects of alcohol.
oh yeah, i didn't catch the scuffing to the right side of his lid when i watched the video on my phone.

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
i'll dvr it. I decided it would be better to save my money and go race at Road America with CCS myself than watch someone else do it.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
i'll dvr it. I decided it would be better to save my money and go race at Road America with CCS myself than watch someone else do it.
Killjoy!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
That is a beautiful place to watch races. I haven't been able to go for two years because work keeps getting in the way, but I do remember bikes going down on the parade lap all three times I've been there.

Also, its called Rain America because every year it rains for this event.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Its been a few years since I have went. I really enjoy it up there, great facility and track. Turn 5 is the bomb, down hill hard braking is very challenging.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I would love to ride on that track......I've got hundreds of laps under my belt in Forza Motorsport! I know that track well, lol!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I was a little surrised to see Jonathon Green doing the commentary. I was glas to see Mr. Hayes re-assert his rightful place in the universe.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts