Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

If you're interested in a good track day, Elite Trackdays (http://www.elitetrackdays.com/) is hosting one on August 13 (at MSR in Cresson, TX) and the price was reduced to $150.

Very organized, people riding with their noggins on straight, small groups, 30 min sessions, and great husband and wife (Evan and Moira) team trying to get their trackday business going.

Just plugging for them since I went to their last one and will be attending this one. Tye and I will be there and would love some company!

Andrew

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Drewcati said:
Hey All,
Very organized, people riding with their noggins on straight,
Andrew
Well, there goes that.
BTW, I meant me...as in me being straight noggin'd.

Just in case anyone took it the wrong way.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Bump...I'm not going...sounds good but no.

So, rejoice everyone and go to this thing. Post about how slow, err, fast, Tye really is.

Back into the shadows.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
If you guys will have me, I might be interested in doing a few sessions.

My next signed up for Track Day is in October...that's way too long.

Anyway, I'm itching for a track and helping anyone get a business venture off
the ground...hey I'm all for self-employment.

If I do go...will this be on the big or small track at MSR? (Hopefully the big one)

·
Mad Modder
180 Posts
It will be on the big one, why don't you come out and ride with the squid squad? Lots of us there this time. Tye rocks along pretty good. I suggest you would see him only as he lapped you on the big track.

Here is a video of Tye when I chased him on the little track on the 20th.

Clicky

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
tlsdoug said:
It will be on the big one, why don't you come out and ride with the squid squad? Lots of us there this time. Tye rocks along pretty good. I suggest you would see him only as he lapped you on the big track.

Clicky
I will be there...the 13th. Huzzzzaaaahhh!!!

Okay if I bring a buddy? He rides a brand new Repsol 1000, but actually I think he needs some tips, practice in the leaning department. Nice guy. Works at a local Honda shop btw.

He's fast...on sweepers...straights of course, (my little 600 just got left on the straights). He says his bike is not set-up yet....but I also think he needs some track time on good tarmac. Very level headed guy.

EDITED!

I was thinking 15th because of ECR.

The 13th!!!

Good, hate Mondays at work.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
tlsdoug said:

Clicky
Me no can read..no codec. (Quicktime?)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Sorry...3 consecutive posts.

Can we pay up at the gate?

I really don't want to put anything else on a credit card. Trying to pay them off, and they keep getting b***** balances.

$150...and I was gonna pay for my buddies gate. ($300 total)

I'll check back in a day or two for an answer.

Thanks doug.

·
Registered
429 Posts
It should be very interesting. Doug is getting some Vortex rear sets for the Gixxer, new "computer" thingy for the KTM and the suspension guy should be getting my springs/valves for my forks in at the start of this week. I should have a new front end by this track day. Woo Hoo! Plus, the "big track" is a blast to ride...especially the Rattlesnake and wagon wheel!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Drewcati said:
Glad you're coming Velocity. You can pay at the gate but I believe it's $200 at the gate...
Ok...well in that case I'll pay at the gate, and my buddy will pay his own $200.

:lol

He's rich as all get out anyway. Has a nice house by the lake...boats...about $5,000 worth of leather, and a brand new 2007 Repsol 1000 RR he paid cash for.

But, and if you are listening TJ, you know I mean well, his chicken stripes are half a foot wide both sides of the tire.

He blamed it on poor stiff set-up. and he might be right...I dunno. Didn't ride the bike.

That's the only place he couldn't get me today was the turns, 65 degrees or more, 65-80 mph, and especially the sucessive ones...series of esses.

I made him run those sections 2-3 times, get back some of my pride. :lol

Otherwise, I was looking at a dot on the straights and in the wide...almost not a turn type sweepers.

First time he took off down a straight, he got so far ahead, I thought he'd taken a turn I hadn't seen.

Friggin gone man.

I'll of course remind him that at the track, technique and ettiquette is key.

He's a good guy...don't know if he's into the internet or not.

Anyway, I'll just shut up and say thanks...see ya there.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I'm gonna call Tim and get another Track Day addict into the throes of addiction.

I think he has a computer, but it was my first impression he wasn't into it.

More of a real life guy. If you meet him, you'll like him. Very down to earth.

He's in his late 30's and about 10 years ago he had a long battle with cancer.

Chemotherapy...all that good stuff. He's not bald...looks like some actor or something, certainly more handsome than I, but that painful section of his life taught him a lot he says.

He just likes to enjoy everything in life and take everything in stride.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
One question:

I was reading the fine print.
* All riders are responsible for providing personal medical insurance coverage.
I have serious, emergency room only type insurance from work. The company
pays for it. Is that sufficient?

I also have liability coverage on my motorcycle insurance.

Thanks for more detailed info if you please sirs and ladies.

·
Mad Modder
180 Posts
All that means is they are not liable for your medical bills if you wad up your bike. Totally reasonable and normal. If you go look at the release you signed for Lone Star they have the same thing in theirs.

You could always upgrade the work insurance certainly wouldn't hurt. But you shouldn't need anything more than you have I would guess. They just want us to understand we are responsible for our own bills. If the ambulance folks just look at you, that is normally free since they are there anyway.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
OIC...ok cool.

I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to have some 1,000,000 policy with friggin Blue Cross Blue Shield or something.

Yeah, absolutely it's my body, bike, and choice. No one is responsible for me, but me.

Agreed, and thanks.

·
Roadman
511 Posts
velocity bmg said:
OIC...ok cool.

I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to have some 1,000,000 policy with friggin Blue Cross Blue Shield or something.

Yeah, absolutely it's my body, bike, and choice. No one is responsible for me, but me.

Agreed, and thanks.
Sure, your body, your choice, but, if you need rehab or extended care, multiple surgeries on knee, etc., you may wish you had some major medical, something beyond ER.

Things happen when you push your limits.

JMHO

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
BooRidesSB said:
Sure, your body, your choice, but, if you need rehab or extended care, multiple surgeries on knee, etc., you may wish you had some major medical, something beyond ER.

Things happen when you push your limits.

JMHO
Track Days are about learning technique...least in the novice class.

I'll be riding pretty..medium speed..working on smoothness, consistency, and always hanging and leaning proper.

Not going for the newb track record this time around.

I may make mistakes...but most of the time I learn from them, and then
up my game double.

Now, pushing myself.

I did that with my bud this past Sunday.

I was on the edge...95% of the time.

As it so happens, there were no cars, cops, cross traffic...nothing that could endanger anyone except me.

Until that is about 12pm noon...when suddenly State Troopers were everywhere.

But, my bud knows thew routine. Like a mini Isle of Man it was.

Anyhoo..this track day for me is for learning...and I've had road rash before,
legs...shoulder...and broke both bones. Not too bad. Got wrapped up like a mummy...
got to smoke...and got free hydrocodone...which makes any TV show interesting.

And I hate TV.:lao

All good.:lao

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I tried to go ahead and sign up, pay now...but the internet hiccuped...or Mozilla killed it.

I'll phone the order in. Actual live voice and stuff.:nutkick

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.