Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, having some problems maybe someone can help me with. I own a 93 FZR600 with the tail conversion and a YZF tank. More importantly, it won't start so currently I own an expensive paper weight. Basically when I do to press the start button my oil light comes on but there is no cranking, no sound from the solenoid, just nothing. I broke my killswitch, but since then I just bypassed it. Got the two wires properly connected to each other, made sure I did it right by testing it with my multimeter. My biggest concern is that my fuel pump doesn't pump when I turn the key. I've already gutted my bike and put it back together, properly, I got a new battery, new solenoid, and a new main relay hoping it would solve the problem. Clearly it did not. I tested the fuel pump by connecting it directly to the battery and it works, and I made sure to only do it for a second cause I know they can burn out if they get too much power, like the whole 12 volts. I just don't know why the pump isn't activating or why my starter solenoid doesn't do anything when I press the start button. I can bypass the solenoid just fine and the bike cranks. Any ideas? Could it be a grounding issue?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
when you get the bike to crank does it start up and run?

things i would check.

kickstand switch.

neutral switch.

clutch switch.

the wiring that you did.

get a ohm meter, start tracing things. find out what power is getting where, and why it stops.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was at the store buying myself a new fuse hoping it would solve my problem but also hoping I'm not that dumb. This time I am that dumb. Had a blown ignition fuse.
So I got my bike running and after I went maybe 2 miles she overheated or something. Just died on me as I rode. This has happened several times before and I planned on getting a tune up next week. However after it died on me this time, it seems like the fuel pump stopped working. My battery is dead so I'm not positive, but I think I may be burning the fuel pump part of my starter relay. I've heard about this happening with a newer R6, but I don't know the solution other than buying copius amounts of starter relays. Anyone know what the problem could be?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: my fuel pump is activating again. I have no idea why, I didn't do anything to the bike.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
So, how good with electronics are you?

and do you have schematics for the bike?

cause if you can't interpret a circuit diagram these problems might be hard to track down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts