Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
A basic response:
Education can be formal or informal. Formal education is institutionalized, such as that you receive from grammar school to post-high school. Informal education is that received by other influences, such as organizations one belongs to (girl scouts) or things your parents and other relatives teach you.

Education is highly important. It can also be highly detrimental depending on the things taught.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
There is a fine line from book smarts, and street smarts. We have all seen both - you need a bit of each to get through life.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
timd99 said:
There is a fine line from book smarts, and street smarts. We have all seen both - you need a bit of each to get through life.
true,true. Tim99 you ever go to Julian or Palomar? What you ride? Do you ride with any of the clubs?

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Education is important, however, I think the best lessons learned are the one's you learn in everyday life.

·
Registered
230 Posts
“ANY” information received by means of hear, sight, smell, feel and touch; where a human mind was ignorant just 2 seconds ago. Why is it important, because lack of knowledge will make you a slave in all your endeavors?

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
At least in the case of engineering, formal education merely enables you to learn what is needed after college. Very few of the things I learned in college have any real practical application, but it gave me the ability to learn and understand the things that are practical after college. I think a lot of formal education is this way.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Education is never ending...you must strive to learn and grow everyday...else you shrivel and die...

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
I find this thread to be a bit of draglining.

Education can be a myriad of things, and depending on ones agenda can be good or bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts