Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I'm about a half hour from one. I believe that dealer also has MV Agusta as well.

I have an aprilia/moto guzzi dealer on the way home from work.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Cool, there will be 2 within an hour and a half of me. If he comes out with an affordable naked I'd be interested as a second bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Hope the letter people do demos. :( 1 dealer 30 min away. Would be fun to take one on a small ride...

·
Registered
417 Posts
You have no idea how much I want Buell to succeed... Damn that's expensive, though. I mean, I get it, but... I can't buy one. And that makes me a sad panda.

Oh and this article is about 5 months old.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
I think that Buell needs to come out with a Bread-and-Butter bike for the masses if they want to make it big at all. I hope for the best for them, though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You have no idea how much I want Buell to succeed... Damn that's expensive, though. I mean, I get it, but... I can't buy one. And that makes me a sad panda.

Oh and this article is about 5 months old.
Where did you see a price?

Here you go...well,sort of......

Hero Hastur 620 Concept – A Streetfighter with EBR Inside
Some things you can't unsee.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Seem on par with the litrebikes from everyone else.

issue being, they don't have a bike, any bike, that is MSRP'd for 8 grand less.

they need a 10-12,000 dollar middleweight sportbike. they NEED to undercut the Japanese and European brands a bit, and they SHOULD be able to. I don't think we'll ever see Buell/EBR get to the point where they have multiple models in multiple classes. I can see them making competitive sportbikes and that's about it.

also, that Hero bike is totally awesome. would buy based upon looks.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
$18,995 list

185 hp
104 lb ft torque
Traction control

How is that outrageously expensive?

Compare to the KTM, Ducati and BMW
The KTM RC8R, Ducati 1199, and BMW S1000RR are not those brands' respective "bread and butter" bikes. The majority of their sales come from cheaper, smaller-displacement vehicles - Ducati's Monster line, KTM's enduros/motocross lines, BMW's F800s etc. They would never sell only their flagship sportbikes as that is not a feasibly long-term business strategy.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Unless they want to be a niche only brand ala Ferrari/Bugatti.

Performance for the dollar that one particular model is reasonable.

But if they sold say a FZ8/STriple competitor.....

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
I stopped by my local soon-to-be-EBR dealer (Derry Cycles) today on the way home from work. They expect to get a couple 1190RXs in March or April. He does not plan to get in an 1190R (the first model, which lists at about $40K). The guy said that EBR is planning to expand to a few models, but not a full line, and that most models will be in the higher-end range ($15-25K). That said, that's not a ridiculous price range to target for a small "boutique" manufacturer. Better than Bimota, similar to MV Agusta.

The 1125R and 1125CR were a very big step up for Buell. The 1125CR was on my shortlist for if I needed a new bike at some point. The EBR bikes are essentially further developed versions of those, and I look forward to seeing them. If/when EBR does a nakedbike version, I could envision being quite tempted.

(But then I find the MOTUS very tempting, too, so I'm not the normal buyer.)

PhilB

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
oh, FYI: Doesn't seem to be any plans to run the dealership network up to Canuckland at this point, so my next bike will still be an MV Agusta F3 I spose.

if EBR does make it to Canada with some level of networking and support, I'd seriously consider them. All for the more domestic options, and I truly enjoyed riding the XB12r Firebolt that I tested a couple years back.

Reactions: Nick Name
1 - 20 of 22 Posts