Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
that single giant rotor actually works very well. the race bike from what I hear handles like a dream. its the new EBR motors that need some help. they are running in the back of the field at the races. they make them now so they don't use rotax anymore.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts

1190RX Specifications
Engine

Type ET-V2: 72° V-Twin, Liquid Cooled, Four-stroke

Bore x Stroke 4.17 in. x 2.66in. (106 x 67.5 mm)

Displacement 72.6 cu in. (1190cc)

Compression Ratio 13.4 : 1

Fuel Delivery Electronic Fuel injection with 2 port injectors and 2 showerhead injectors

Exhaust Primary + Secondary

Peak Torque 101.6 ft-lbs. @ 8200 rpm (137.8 Nm @ 8200 rpm)

Peak Horsepower 185 hp @ 10,600 rpm

Drivetrain

Primary Drive Gear Drive 36/65

Final Drive 520 Z-ring chain, 16/41

ClutchnHydraulic actuation, vacuum operated slipper

Transmission Ratios:
1st 2.46

2nd 1.75

3rd 1.38

4th 1.17

5th 1.04

6th 0.96

Dimensions

Overall Length 80.3in. (2040mm.)

Overall Width 29.0in. (737mm)

Overall Height 43.7in. (1110mm)

Seat Height 32.5in. (826mm)

Ground Clearance 4.7in. (120mm)

Rake 22.4°

Trail 3.80in. (96.5mm)

Lean Angle 55°

Front Tire Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 120/70 ZR-17

Rear Tire Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 190/55 ZR-17

Fuel Capacity 4.5 gal (17.lL)

Weight (Wet, no fuel) 419lbs. (190kg)

Load Capacity 375lbs. (170kg)

Chassis
Frame
Aluminum frame with integral fuel reservoir

Swingarm
Optimized stiffness aluminum

Front Suspension
Showa, inverted big piston front forks

Rear Suspension
Showa, single shock without linkage

Front Wheel 17 x 3.5 Aluminum

Rear Wheel 17 x 6.0 Aluminum

Front Brake 386mm (15.19in.) Single perimeter rotor, 8 piston inside-out caliper

Rear Brake 220mm (8.66in.) Disc, 2-piston Hayes Performance Brakes Caliper

2014 EBR 1190RX

MSRP

$18,995

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Hm...18 grand eh? Less than I had thought.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
1190RX « Erik Buell Racing

i can't tell, is that an intake between the (awesome) LED headlights, or something else?? looks like an intake, but there is a weird reflection in some photos

edit... oops, looks like the high beam was missing for the photo shoot. it's clearly in the second photo

·
Registered
569 Posts
its the new EBR motors that need some help. they are running in the back of the field at the races. they make them now so they don't use rotax anymore.

Peak torque 102FT-LBS, peak HP185. That's more HP than the R1 the CBR1000RR or the RSV4 and more torque than pretty much any of it's competition, including the Panagile. The best part is that by 4K RPM it's already producing over 80Ft-Lbs. (for reference the CBR1000RR makes 82ft-lbs maximum)

I don't know what sort of numbers the 1190RS is putting out in race trim but it sounds like the 1190RX is going to have a PHENOMENAL engine for street riding and at least be competitive at the club level in racing.

And it comes in red.....!

Also:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
18 almost puts it in the realm of possibility-with decent dealer support that is.Can't say as I like the look of the seat though.....ouch....

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
those h.p. figures make me kinda suspitious. i would be amazed if that is the rear wheel hp, or anything close to it.

i think i'll wait for idependent verification before believing that.

also 13.5:1 is a high compression ratio, wonder if the engine has a knock sensor for ignition retarding.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts

Peak torque 102FT-LBS, peak HP185. That's more HP than the R1 the CBR1000RR or the RSV4 and more torque than pretty much any of it's competition, including the Panagile. The best part is that by 4K RPM it's already producing over 80Ft-Lbs. (for reference the CBR1000RR makes 82ft-lbs maximum)

I don't know what sort of numbers the 1190RS is putting out in race trim but it sounds like the 1190RX is going to have a PHENOMENAL engine for street riding and at least be competitive at the club level in racing.

And it comes in red.....!

Also:
talking about the race bikes. interview with the EBR team said it's down on power compared to the rest of the field. so is the daytona.
everyone thinks because the stock bike is more that makes it a bad ass engine. well when the teams start building them for competition we find out real fast what bikes have the real bad ass engines and who has more design limitations.

look at the bmw s1000rr for example. phenomenal power from a bike off the showroom floor. but it doesn't really do great in races against anything else that has been prepped for racing.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I like it. Maybe not to the tune of $19k but I do like it.

Reactions: mfromphilly1

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
everyone thinks because the stock bike is more that makes it a bad ass engine. well when the teams start building them for competition we find out real fast what bikes have the real bad ass engines and who has more design limitations.

Well, for us street riders, I'm fine with that

·
Registered
475 Posts
Man, that thing is ugly. It looks like some mock-up of what a 'futuristic' bike would look like for a movie that was made in 1987. The only thing I like is the rear wheel. Engine numbers are impressive though (on paper).

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
I like it. Maybe not to the tune of $19k but I do like it.
Same. Love the look; I've always been a fan of the look of Buell's "gas in the frame" style.

But that's a lot of money. Maybe I could consider one in a few years when they're available used.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Another Fugly V-twin. Just what the world needs.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
cannot understand the dislike of the looks. I think it looks fucking great.
not to mention the neat designs in it.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts