Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i won a bid for a set of aprilia racing carbon cans and eprom for my falco at the end of may. after getting in touch with the seller through email about the items, i went ahead and sent the paypal payment. that was 3 weeks ago, still no cans. i have tried to email this dude numerous times with no reply. i even included my phone number in the last one in case my email server is rejecting his messages for some reason. i really hope i didnt get fucked. what else can i do at this point??

any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
456 Posts
contact ebay, they will get you yoru money back or investigate the dude

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
also you can contact ebay and get his phone # they perfer you to try and talk things out fist i just got screwed i think im still waiting

·
Registered
155 Posts
Make sure you file with Paypal before your 30 days are up. If he hasn't sent them out by now, then you need to take action before it's too late.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Quik said:
contact ebay, they will get you yoru money back or investigate the dude
+1...Leave some negative feedback, also...That always gets them jumping...

What was his rating?..

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
his rating is 98% he lives in arlington VA, and he selss a whole bunch of automotive stuff as well. beamer seats and interiors, shit like that.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
kranok said:
his rating is 98% he lives in arlington VA, and he selss a whole bunch of automotive stuff as well. beamer seats and interiors, shit like that.
What about the number of replies?...If he has such a good rating and alot of replies, maybe it's just miscommunication, etc...Keep us updated and good luck...

If he gives you the shaft, put him on this board...These guys are ruthless when one of our own gets messed with ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you payed with a credit card, call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Most of the big ones will instantly stop the transaction and get the money back. If he has already deposited it they will also dispute the charge with the bank. Discover did that for my mom when she bid on something and sent him the money and the asshole didnt send her crap. Now she hates ebay heh, but ya try that.

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where on ebay do i complain? i just want to lert them know, and not necessarily dispute it as of yet.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
kranok said:
where on ebay do i complain? i just want to lert them know, and not necessarily dispute it as of yet.
Go to ebay.com and click on the "services" icon...You will find everything you need in there...Whether it be dispute or charges of fraud, you'll see everything you need...

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Contact paypal. They contact him and if he does not respond to remails in I think 5 days they refund. Don't wait another day as there is a time limit. Also, get his phone number from ebay and call him. Backtrack and get his address too once you have his phone, just in case.

·
Registered
646 Posts
If you are having an issue getting in contact with him, then you can contact ebay and get his phone number an address. Its under the services tab that was previously mentioned. The cool thing about it is that once you request that info, it tells him also that you asked for it. That should get a fire under his ass. But even if it doesnt, you now have his number and address...I had to go through this once. Goodluck.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
If you paid by PayPal, then in your confirmation e.mail, you should see his address and phone number there.

And I only buy from reputable sellers on eBay, never buy from people who have sold very little stuff.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would definitely contact paypal and let them know the situation. I didnt have any problems with the 2 disputes I had filed with them. Money was refunded on both accounts.

If its been a few days since you emailed him and received no response, its time to file disputes.

·
Registered
280 Posts
file a paypal complate if he dont give a delivery conformation # that shows it was delivered to your address. the will refund ur money out of his account. and if he dont have in his account it will go in to the negative. this is how i learned to put delivery conformation on all items i ship. (cost me my computer and 300 dollars)

·
Banned
730 Posts
DO NOT LEAVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK if you don't really know the circumstances. That will only piss off the seller and may delay things even further. I'd send one more email saying you're concerned w/ the delay and that if you don't hear from him soon, the problem will be rectified through ebay, paypal or your CC company.

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i did leave a negative feedback already. sorry, i tried to contact the man 5 times, no response = pissed off buyer. i filed a dispute claim through their tradesquare thingy. we'll see how this turns out. how can i find out his phone number or address? i didnt find that on ebay anywhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes!! I got ripped off on eBay about 2 years ago. I bought a complete set of Sebimoto Carbon Fiber bodywork for my Ducati. Sent the dude $900 via Paypal (I used a debit card to pay Paypal which was a huge mistake on my part). During the auction the guy was super cool, answered all my e-mails promptly and we even talked on the phone once. After I sent the money the guy fell off the face of the earth, with my $900. I jumped through all the hoops for Ebay and Paypal. The most they can do is say they are sorry and give you max $250 (at that time) to cover your losses. All of it was total BS. Both eBay and Paypal try to give you a false sense of security. Hopefully you used a regular credit card with fraud protection. I think that would be your best recourse. I ended up suing the guy in small claims court but he never would accept the summons from the Sheriff's department so he never showed so I lost out on my court costs as well. Oh well, live and learn...

Good luck to you!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts