Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I sold something on Ebay for 200 bucks.

I emailed the winner after they paypalled me to verify their address and they didnt get back with me. It turns out they had moved down the street but had their mail forewarded. Well anyways the Post Office has no clue where the Package is and its been almost 2 weeks, I sent it priority.

What do I do???

I am in phone contact with the buyer and Im pretty sure they dont think Im trying to rip them off.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If I remember right, the post office will hold your mail for about two weeks after you've moved, then it will start filtering into your mailbox. I think that's how it went with my recent move.

Has the buyer checked with his local post office station? They may be holding it over there and he can pick it up, even if no one over the phone seems to know where it is. My local office, like any workplace, has its share of bozos. I had the hardest time getting things delivered to my new place.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no they didnt offer me conformation even though I had priority but it finally got there thank god the customer was getting pretty pissed.
stoopid USPS 12 days for priority

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Better than an experience I had with UPS. I was goig to a gun school in TX last summer and shipped my ammo to the school (1000 rounds of .223). I sent it 5 days before the school. The day of my trip I tracked it and it hadn't even left my local facility yet, gave them a call and they said it was "forgotten" at the facility but it will be shipped overnight free of charge. Got to the schooland the next day no ammo, they said it had been shipped to the next city over and was being returned to the original facility for some unknown damn reason. So there I sat at $1200 gun school, a $1600 rifle, $400 rental car, $300 in airfare and might not get to take the class....pissed wouldn't even cover what I was at that time. I closed my account with UPS and opened one up with DHL, no problems since.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Have the buyer check with his old address, (if someone is still living there). The new tenants at my old apartment actually held a lot of my mail and packages for me.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Better than an experience I had with UPS. I was goig to a gun school in TX last summer and shipped my ammo to the school (1000 rounds of .223). I sent it 5 days before the school. The day of my trip I tracked it and it hadn't even left my local facility yet, gave them a call and they said it was "forgotten" at the facility but it will be shipped overnight free of charge. Got to the schooland the next day no ammo, they said it had been shipped to the next city over and was being returned to the original facility for some unknown damn reason. So there I sat at $1200 gun school, a $1600 rifle, $400 rental car, $300 in airfare and might not get to take the class....pissed wouldn't even cover what I was at that time. I closed my account with UPS and opened one up with DHL, no problems since.

UPS is notorious for flat out stealing guns and ammo. I would never ship with them. They lost a $400 video card on me once and I ended up tracking it down myself through a neighbor. They told me they couldn't find it and had no idea where it was left. What can brown do for you? um...not a damn thing anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts