Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I've been swapping out some plastic to get rid of stuff the previous owner cracked or severely scratched. I popped off the right side plastic panel that's just under the seat and discovered the bolt that holds the exhaust plumbing in place as it travels up under the seat was completely loose and only being held in by the plastic panel being in place. My exhaust is bone stock, btw.

Thought I'd mention it for the benefit of others doing a bolt tightening sweep. :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Burnspot said:
Tonight I've been swapping out some plastic to get rid of stuff the previous owner cracked or severely scratched. I popped off the right side plastic panel that's just under the seat and discovered the bolt that holds the exhaust plumbing in place as it travels up under the seat was completely loose and only being held in by the plastic panel being in place. My exhaust is bone stock, btw.

Thought I'd mention it for the benefit of others doing a bolt tightening sweep. :D
Didn't someone suggest loosening that bolt to reduce vibrations in another thread? Perhaps it was loose on purpose?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, this was so loose that it wasn't engaged in any threads...if it weren't for the cover being there, it would have long since hit the road. Dunno bout that other thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts