Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone in the Longview, Tyler, Carthage area on here? I'm over in Shreveport when I'm not at school, and I'll be doing a lot of riding in that area over Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Hey, sorry it took me so long to get back. When I'm at school I'm in Austin, but I'm from a small town in between Longview and Marshall. It is pretty good riding out here! My bike is in Austin this break, but may have ot meet up sometime over Christmas.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool cool, looks you're the only one in the area on here. I'm stocking up on some cold gear so I can keep riding through the winter. This textile jacket isn't cutting it anymore.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
There is another guy in Tyler, but he is pretty new, I don't think he even has a bike yet. You at LATech? I know a few people over there. I have a leather and a textile, I put on sweats underneath the textile and it does great!

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Yeah, it would really be nice if the weather stays as it is. Most of my friends there are just freshman, since I just graduated high school myself. I have always found them to work great, only part of me that ever really gets cold is my hands.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
There are some really nice backroads out there. I cut through between 20 and 59/96 all the time in that area on my way to Pineland, Tx. As long as the love bugs arent out it's great riding

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanksgiving break, I'll be back Tuesday Night. But I doubt I'm riding home :(
Ah that sucks. You should buy a beater truck so you can haul your bike home too lol! Are you planning on doing any trackdays at ECR or Cresson in the Springs (May-Jul)? I'm really itching to get on the track and I'll be able to by then I think financially. Once I get a dedicated street bike it's on though!

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Ah that sucks. You should buy a beater truck so you can haul your bike home too lol! Are you planning on doing any trackdays at ECR or Cresson in the Springs (May-Jul)? I'm really itching to get on the track and I'll be able to by then I think financially. Once I get a dedicated street bike it's on though!
Yeah, she needs a good oil change before making that trip again. I want to, but I have enough friends down here to haul me to tracks lol. Plus my car gets too good of gas mileage :p

IDK about ECR or Cresson specifically (they haven't released the dates yet for next season), but am definitely planning on it! If you can make it earlier in the season I'll be riding level 1 to get back warmed up to the track. But if you want, your first day out, I can drop down to level 1 with you.

It really isn't too expensive. Check out WFOriders.com
there are a lot of great guys there, plus active members get a discount through ridesmart
Also, this season (hopefully next season) ridesmart did a 1/2 price first day and free suit rental. That would certainly be a super bonus!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I'm on the Ridesmart site right now and I'm thinking I can swing that no prob, especially if suit rental is free. Do boots come with the suit? As soon as the '12 schedule comes out let me know and whenever you go, I'll take off that day. I'll be in Texas starting in April, so if it's after that then I should have most weekends off. All I'll need then is approval from my SQ/CC and that shouldn't be too difficult to get.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Um, I don't think they do boots and suit, I think one or the other (I had boots). For sure, during the school year I don't plan too much in advance, but I want to try planning the summer schedule ASAP.

Actually, RS is doing a special day at the track in NO, or at least trying to, for next year. I wanted to go lol. Just a thought.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well if I'm still around, I'm down to go. I'll start putting a bit of money away now just to be safe. Now I just gotta find some decent boots for a good deal. Time to start watching STG closeout section like a hawk I guess.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Check out some of the Ridesmart forums

DFWriders.com
Highperformancecrew.com
WFOriders.com

there may be some for sale

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the links. I'm going to watch Kawiforums too and pick up spare clipons, rearsets and what not too just in case. I've already spare levers. I don't plan on wadding my bike up again, but better safe than sorry!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts