Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
What about skyline drive and blue ridge parkway in Virginia? It's central on the East Coast and gorgeous riding!

·
Banned
436 Posts
Gettysburg PA
I like to wander thru the battlefields and pretend i'm fighting in the civil war
When Johnny comes marching home
Harra
Harra
Harra
and just for fun while were there we can find some parked Harleys and kick them over
lots of bikes there and biker babes
oooo aaaaa biker babes
Gettysburg has excellent root beer and buffet places to eat
yanno, all those you can eat places?
i'm as skinny as a twig, but I can eat more than anybody, I will get thrown out.
There is also a Wal Mart in Gettysburg if you guys need Shell Rotalla
They also have a Holliday Inn Express, some can stay there and they will be an expert on everything, a motor oil expert.
we can take some group pictures and post them on this site

·
Saratogian
3,627 Posts
I'll be in Deals Gap, NC at the end of May and eastern upstate NY for about ten days around the 4th of July...if you did Catskills again during that time I'd be there. That's all I've got.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm for Gettysburg.

but it depends on when. I have a couple weekend in May, and then I disappear for 6 weeks to study for the BAR exam. (not the fun kind of bar exam either.)

·
butt marker
1,715 Posts
My friend and I will go if we hit up Gettysburg. (sans barrtrice's antics of course) Although I am interested to see if he really owns a bike. Its always a nice ride around there.

My wife is extra preggos, so I don't want to be too far (3 hours or less) if the baby starts coming so VA is too far for me.

·
Banned
436 Posts
Gettysburg is always a hot place for bikes, everybody that owns a bike makes a trip to Gettysburg, and westbound on Rt30, west of Chambersburg the road turns wild with mountains, drop off cliffs and hairpin curves, perfect road for a FZ6. Hope you guys can keep up with me!

·
liquid cooled fool
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My friend and I will go if we hit up Gettysburg. (sans barrtrice's antics of course) Although I am interested to see if he really owns a bike. Its always a nice ride around there.

My wife is extra preggos, so I don't want to be too far (3 hours or less) if the baby starts coming so VA is too far for me.
extra preggos ? WTF did you do to your wife, man :lao

OK, so we got Gettysburg in the mix and upstate NY. Also don't forget to say when would you want to have this shindig ; some folks have to schedule time off work and such.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'd definitely be up for Gettysburg. I'm pretty open on the times, it would just have to be long weekend for me.

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
extra preggos ? WTF did you do to your wife, man :lao

OK, so we got Gettysburg in the mix and upstate NY. Also don't forget to say when would you want to have this shindig ; some folks have to schedule time off work and such.
I would vote for a weekend deal...or perhaps Friday - Sunday? I think it' safe to say most of us work 5 days a week jobs. I could do Gettysburg as well...i have friends right up from there in Mechanicsburg.

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
where are ktvalet (sp?) obxfz6, and pelon? There seems to be a decent group pretty close to gettysburg that would be up for a meet.

I don't ride an FZ6 anymore, but I'm hoping nobody will mind if I tag along (chain? pelon?) Gettysburg has been done a few times, but it was always a good time, with a good turnout. There is still much to be explored in the gburg area. I have a 200 mile ride that was written up in an AMA book I have. It leaves from and returns to gettysburg. Skyline drive would be fun as well.

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts
^ Nah, not ascared a bit. I generally stay out of the planning and deciding part of meets and wait until the details are worked out.

KEP- check your e-mail re: riding this weekend

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
Riding in PA this weekend? Prepare to freeze your bawls! I'm going to Pittsburg and the high is 42. :(
I think its going to be warmer over this way. I'm actually headed to Pittsburgh myself for a bachelor party. I'm meeting the rest of the guys north of the burgh, so I'm thinking of riding over, but high of 42 makes my jeep sound cozy, :lol

:beer

1 - 20 of 35 Posts