Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fitshaced
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been reading a lot of topics on ear plugs on here. I pretty much came to the conclusion the ear plugs are a must. My question is I found some earplug/headphones at RadioShack. These have foam earplugs on the end of them so they should dubble as earplugs/headphones. Here's the link.

http://www.radioshack.com/anso/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&category_name=&product_id=33-1167

I would like to use these since it would block out windnoise and I could listen to my MP3 player but I'm really weary that I'm not going to be able to hear anything with that combo. Has anybody used these's and still been able to hear ambulances/police/semi's about to run you over, etc?

·
Registered
71 Posts
You should still be able to hear all the things you are concerned about with those. I have a set and plan to change out the foam tips with some regular foam ear plugs so that they will stay in my ear better. You can pick up the foam style ear plugs at any Walmart, or other places. Use something with a pointed end, heat the tip, and push it through the new foam ear plug. Then put back onto the headphone.
There are many sites out there explaining how to reto-fit other foam or plug materials onto those headphones. Koss has an identical set as Radio Shack, so you can search for those on google and find mod instructions.

·
sHooTer
56 Posts
i have never tried foam-e's while rideing but i have put on headphones and then went riding!! i only would put one ear in so that i can still hear shit going on around me! as much i love to listen to music i want to be able to hear the dumb cagers around me! but i do know that they have good shit out there like in the radio shack add... i use pretty much the same shit when i fly in my helicopter( military ) . they issued them to us but still the same concept! any they work really good! as for the popo side of it i dont know how legal it is! you might want to check with you local popo!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Wearing headphones while driving is illegal, at least where I live. I had them off, unplugged, and draped around my neck when I got pulled over, and he still bitched at me and offered to add a ticket for that to my speeding ticket.

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
I wear earplugs in the twisties, freeway, and on the track. I wear my earbud headphones when I ride on the roads, I can still hear the important stuff. I've never ridding with an earplug/headphone combo though.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
i wear earplugs 98% of the time i ride. street/track

don't recomend music..........have other things to concentrate on.

·
Fitshaced
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey weasel those Koss's are very similiar to the RadioShack ones I was talking about. I took a nice ride yesterday with ear plugs and it wasn't bad. With music added I won't be able to hear anything.

My real motivation for doing this is I'm going to go about 350 miles from Toledo, OH to Kenosha, WI in July and it could get extremely boring considering it's going to be just straight line riding. I think I'll be okay with the music there but for the streets I think I will stick with earplugs only and no music.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I wear earbuds hooked to my ipod when I ride long distances. I keep the music pretty low inside my helmet and can still hear what's going on around me.

·
Registered
488 Posts
i LOVE listeining to music while I ride.. I used to do it all the time.. Does anybody know the NY law concerning this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts