Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed and tested and... dear lord... I'm not sure if they should be quite DOT legal. :D

No clutch, no throttle lift... just tuck, click, go, click, and go some more!

If anyone is looking for their next trick item and already have a PC with expansion port, I highly recommend it. However, keep in mind that if you have 2 sets of injectors, you'll need the PC Ignition Module. Apparently as smart as a Power Commander might be, it doesn't quite have the IQ to shut down a second set of injectors when it tries to interrupt the engine to shift.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I had considered picking one of these up for the R1 after I get the PCIII and the Ignition module, but now I think I gotta, can't get shown up by Sal on a banana :banana

·
I make things happen
2,101 Posts
ooh how much? that might help my times at the drag strip

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TRaGiK said:
Bunch of tenths? Unlikely. 1/2 - 1 tenth? Possible.
You'll see when you try it. Right now it's set to 65ms. That's just slightly longer than it takes me to masturbate but much quicker than me shifting manually.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
All I know is that if it can make my bike shift as fast as the SMG-III on the new M6 I drove at work yesterday, I'll pay whatever the hell someone wants for one.

·
Registered
908 Posts
BigBadR1 said:
All I know is that if it can make my bike shift as fast as the SMG-III on the new M6 I drove at work yesterday, I'll pay whatever the hell someone wants for one.

I fucking hate you. :upyours :lol

BTW, not ragging out customer cars are you? :bitchslap

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
MPower said:
BTW, not ragging out customer cars are you? :bitchslap
Only the fast(er) ones. :D

[QUOTESalKhan]You'll see when you try it. Right now it's set to 65ms. That's just slightly longer than it takes me to masturbate but much quicker than me shifting manually.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you normally use the clutch when running it up through the gears?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Nah, I don't rag on customer cars unless I know them and they let me haha. This one was a PDI car that just came in and needed gas, so technically it wasn't anyones car yet lol. From that alone I've gotten to drive 3 M6's, 8 M5's, who knows how many M3's, a ton of 335's, and 1 Roles Royce. I've only gotten to RIDE in the Continental GT's so far.

·
Registered
908 Posts
BigBadR1 said:
Nah, I don't rag on customer cars unless I know them and they let me haha. This one was a PDI car that just came in and needed gas, so technically it wasn't anyones car yet lol. From that alone I've gotten to drive 3 M6's, 8 M5's, who knows how many M3's, a ton of 335's, and 1 Roles Royce. I've only gotten to RIDE in the Continental GT's so far.

Tell Clint im still waiting for my M5 test drive :p

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Come see me and I'll give you a REAL test drive for free lol, if a customer brings one in for service that is......

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
JBeezy said:
How much would a quickshifter make a difference if you don't use the clutch to upshift anyways?
As I said, I'm betting around half a tenth of a second in the 1/4 mile. I could be wrong, but I bet I'm not.

All the real drag racers use them, but alot of them also use push button shifting as well, and are after every .001 of a second they can get.

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JBeezy said:
How much would a quickshifter make a difference if you don't use the clutch to upshift anyways?
It's much nicer to the transmission, much smoother to do with less pressure required, and there's literally no rolling off the throttle. In terms of cars, think any GT racing series or even F1.

I never did clutchless upshifts before. Made me cringe.

·
Registered
226 Posts
JBeezy said:
About 2 tenths in a 1/4 mile.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts