Sport Bikes banner

dvd to avi software

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Bobharris9988 
#1 ·
So I have searched on here and found nothing to my liking. I have also tried multiple different software with little luck.

I want to take all my DVD's and put them on hard drive. What is the best software to retain quality? I have 8 TB of storage and can ad more, so I am not particularly concerned with compression. Just want awesome quality.

Does such a thing exist? What would you recommend? Not necessarily worried about cost (within reason).

Cheers,

Paul

#2 ·
I'm sure you're going to have to buy something that will make them perfect.
but I used free studio just to see if it would work and the quality is acceptable to me.
it will do your video's into 3 different formats. MP4, MKV, and AVI
on the avi the highest quality setting is, what they call perfect quality, (H264, 1024X768, 5.1Mbit; AAC- 320Kbit, 48khz)

Free software: video converter, ipod converter, mp4 converter

#3 ·
Thanks...I'll give it a try....If it works excellent. I have no objection to purchasing software, just don't know which one to buy. They all claim to be the best. My IT skills are right up there with a tree stump...

I want to get rid of all these movies, but don't want to be watching crappy quality. I've tried about a half dozen so far and not been sold.

#5 ·
DVD Fab is a pretty good one, but if you are just doing straight rips NERO or something along those lines should be fine. Likewise most of the DVD making programs. There is a step that you usually check to play with the compression to refit the file onto a disk, if you aren't burning the disk back off that isn't a concern.

You are going to get whatever quality is what going in on the ACC file.

#7 · (Edited)
I've used DVD Fab platinum for years, love it, no problems ever, and I can convert any DVD or video to any format, for any device I want. All of our DVDs have been converted so that my kids each have over 200 movies on their Zunes. It's not exactly cheap though. Handbrake looks good, and you can't beat free!

#9 ·
Ok, so I tried handbrake on a few films and works good for me. Also got free studio and it has a bunch of buttons and I assume options. Gnna play around with both to see.

I've got some 500 movies to rip and convert now. Still have about 500 more cd's as well.

I'm trying to get evert ing on hhd's. So far have about 1800 movies and about 350 gigs of music. Tired of the mess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.