Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
hm, wonder what pricing will be? the fact that it uses carbon fibre in one way or another will jack up the price for SURE.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I'll be buying them, after I use up these Q2s.

I posted the same link in Tire tech :p

·
Registered
357 Posts
My concern for 'sport' tires for the street is the rapid wear of the rear tire center tread. Really it is f**king ridiculous to be replacing an expensive rear tire every 2 or 3 thousand miles of street riding. The last Q2 rear tire I had, supposedly with 'dual compound', still wore out in 3000 miles of moderate riding. I'm currently running a Q2 front and a RoadSmart 2 in the rear with no discernible difference in street handling except that now I can get close to 6000 miles out of the rear tire. I don't ride at the track, and unless the Q3 rear tire can get 6000 miles of street riding I won't be buying it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Q2's are great, putting another set on next week. Quality and price, you cant beat it, or I would not run it.

I dont want a tire that would last longer then 3000 miles or it would be too slippery with a harder compound.

If you need a commuter tire buy one, these are not designed for that.

Im sure these Q3's will end up being a great tire as well with the herritage of their predecessor.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Carbon fiber in a tire? C'mon now. I did a few track days a couple years ago on the Q2's, the front tire was sliding on me like crazy (eventually I tucked the front and crashed). I'll stick with Bridgestone (S20's for street, R10's for racing).

·
Registered
848 Posts
Carbon fiber in a tire? C'mon now. I did a few track days a couple years ago on the Q2's, the front tire was sliding on me like crazy (eventually I tucked the front and crashed). I'll stick with Bridgestone (S20's for street, R10's for racing).
Not typical of this tire.

What pressure were you running?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Q2's are great, putting another set on next week. Quality and price, you cant beat it, or I would not run it.

I dont want a tire that would last longer then 3000 miles or it would be too slippery with a harder compound.

If you need a commuter tire buy one, these are not designed for that.

Im sure these Q3's will end up being a great tire as well with the herritage of their predecessor.
What kind of logic is this? My tire must be the best because it get's the worst mileage... lol.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
I don't understand how you folks only get 2-3k miles from these tires when using it for your daily tire (commuting, canyon carving, etc). I've been using Pilot Power 2CTs and am getting 5-6k miles per rear (more from the front if I want, though I just replace 'em both at the same time)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I don't understand how you folks only get 2-3k miles from these tires when using it for your daily tire (commuting, canyon carving, etc). I've been using Pilot Power 2CTs and am getting 5-6k miles per rear (more from the front if I want, though I just replace 'em both at the same time)
2CT's are harder than other "sport" tires. It's not uncommon for people to get 15k out of a 2CT.

My last rear was a BT 016 Pro and it lasted 4k so I switched to a BT 023. Decent mileage but still plenty of grip.

·
Registered
848 Posts
What kind of logic is this? My tire must be the best because it get's the worst mileage... lol.
The logic is dont buy a sport tire and complain you dont get 5-6000 miles out of it. They are not designed for it.

I dont want a 5-6000 mile tire because they dont make one with a soft enough compound for what I want.

The Q2 offers me about 3000 sticky miles and its what I want and expect. The only time ive slid the tire was drifting out of a corner, or sliding on gravel or clay embeded asphalt in the tight corners.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The logic is dont buy a sport tire and complain you dont get 5-6000 miles out of it. They are not designed for it.

I dont want a 5-6000 mile tire because they dont make one with a soft enough compound for what I want.

The Q2 offers me about 3000 sticky miles and its what I want and expect. The only time ive slid the tire was drifting out of a corner, or sliding on gravel or clay embeded asphalt in the tight corners.
Are you talking about on the track?

If you're sliding around on the street on any street tire you have a user error problem, not an equipment problem.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
how the shit do you guys get 3,000 miles out of a rear tire?

I run a "sport" tire that has been around a while I spose, and while it's wearing down faster than I'd like (hint of a harsher edge at about 1,200 miles), there is no way it's gonna be done by 3,000. . . no way.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
how the shit do you guys get 3,000 miles out of a rear tire?

I run a "sport" tire that has been around a while I spose, and while it's wearing down faster than I'd like (hint of a harsher edge at about 1,200 miles), there is no way it's gonna be done by 3,000. . . no way.
their weight plays a big roll. plus how aggressive they ride. I've tried like hell to get tires to last past 3k. shit dude I'm lucky to get a rear tire to last 3 months the way I ride. there has been times I've worn out a tire in 1 track day and maybe 3 weekens (sunday only) of riding.
I only weigh 220 with my gear on. heavy but nothing major.

·
TrackStar
126 Posts
Bullshit. Maybe on a Pilot Road 2 but no way on a Pilot Power 2CT.

2CT's are harder than other "sport" tires. It's not uncommon for people to get 15k out of a 2CT.

My last rear was a BT 016 Pro and it lasted 4k so I switched to a BT 023. Decent mileage but still plenty of grip.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts