Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I was leaving home, just out front from the drive, and there happen to be a patch of rocks 20 feet down the road....Dammm, I went to avoid them doing about 20mph and to avoid the patch I went around to the right, well there was a curb and it had water sitting right next to it, well the water had algae, and it took the front wheel and slid it from underneath me, and crunch to me and the bike.
I came out of the ER with bruised ribs and a little road rash and my pride went out the window tooooo. Here are some pics....
Insurance should cover it right? Full coverage.
By the way I think those LSL Frame Sliders work, to bad I had to test them out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
That stinks. Good to hear you are ok for the most part. I'd say those sliders worked other than the bike landing on a curb so it looks like the curb itself did a fair amount of the damage. The gash on the frame might be hard to replace but other than that, it looks to be all fixable!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ZeuSeason said:
That stinks. Good to hear you are ok for the most part. I'd say those sliders worked other than the bike landing on a curb so it looks like the curb itself did a fair amount of the damage. The gash on the frame might be hard to replace but other than that, it looks to be all fixable!
Thanks, I am hoping to get replacing soon, other than road rash she rides fine, well for atleast 100 feet or so, back home.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Glad to hear you're ok for the most part. Hope you and your bike get on the road again soon!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK! Sounds like all your wounds, including your pride, will eventually heal. Looks like it could have been much worse on the bike without those sliders and much worse on you if you hadn't had the helmet!

·
Registered
522 Posts
good to hear your okay, you'll get your bike back up to speed soon i'm sure. Doesn't sound like you do much damage at all.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Patpuma said:
Glad to hear you're OK! Sounds like all your wounds, including your pride, will eventually heal. Looks like it could have been much worse on the bike without those sliders and much worse on you if you hadn't had the helmet!
I will preach the helmet to everyone, as small as this accident was, my face would had gotten it real good.
Thanks to all.......

·
Registered
686 Posts
ouch, dude! I feel your pain. Good thing you were wearing your gear, it might have ended up being a lot worse. And good thing you have sliders, sounds like you can still ride your bike around without waiting to get some parts in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a pic of the front end.....
No damage to the tank....Thank goodness..

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry to hear that - glad you're okay and the bike wasn't damaged too bad. Looks like your helmet got a good smack. I used to not wear mine if I was only running down the street to a local convenience store about 200 yards away - until a cage pulled out in front of me and I almost laid it down locking it up - always wear it now.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Glad you are ok. The bike is fixable and your pride will heal too. Let it be a lesson to all that shit can happen anytime, any place, quicker than you can imagine. If your FE kit got damaged, let me know and I will replace it for free. I'm replacing Krushev's plate bracket from his accident and I replaced IronchiefCJP's also after his got messed up. It's not much, but a little something to help out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm glad to see your okay... I just had a neighbor loose it going about 20 and she was in the hospital for about 4 days... there isn't much that looks worse than road rash on your face. I've always been pro helmet, and she just gave me another reason. I'm glad to see your HJC held up, I have the same one.. only silver. Good luck, and I wish you a fast recovery man, take 'er easy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ripthenightopen said:
I'm glad to see your okay... I just had a neighbor loose it going about 20 and she was in the hospital for about 4 days... there isn't much that looks worse than road rash on your face. I've always been pro helmet, and she just gave me another reason. I'm glad to see your HJC held up, I have the same one.. only silver. Good luck, and I wish you a fast recovery man, take 'er easy.
Thankyou......HJC....good in my book.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Everyone goes down sooner or later. We should all be so lucky as to do it at 20, rather than 120 ;)
Glad to hear you're OK. Chock the road rash & bruises up to experience, and the scratches on the bike give it distinguishing character. Your pride and injuries will heal in no time.
Keep on riding~

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
Another pro helmet guy here. I glad you didnt get it real bad. Hope your heal up real soon. Ya dont want to waste all that riding time thats left do you?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dexter_643 said:
Everyone goes down sooner or later. We should all be so lucky as to do it at 20, rather than 120 ;)
Glad to hear you're OK. Chock the road rash & bruises up to experience, and the scratches on the bike give it distinguishing character. Your pride and injuries will heal in no time.
Keep on riding~
Thats what my boss said, when he called to check up on me at the ER, he said his turn is coming.......I told him, just dont try hard.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Glad to hear your ok... as everyone else had said it's better to go at 20 then at 120. I'm praying when it's my turn to dump it's at that speed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry to hear that but glad it wasn't worse than it was. Looks like the city or county needs to take care of that water runoff problem. I would think if the water ran off like it should, it wouldn't sit there long enough to build up that algae. Just my opinion. But anyway, it's done and glad you were wearing your helmet and it does look like those frame sliders did help out. Looks like all is fixable.
Heal quickly!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts