Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I never understood the 'get an RR bike (or any motorcycle, I guess, though RRs seem most popular) and then act like a complete asshole' thing. It is mandated somewhere that you need to ride xx or xxx miles a year on just the back wheel? On the wrong side of the road? Bouncing off of the rev limiter? Riding with flip flops on etc?

I'm no cruiser fan, by large and far, but you just don't see cruiser riders riding wheelies down the boulevard. I would know, 80% of the bikes around here are cruisers and I would rather put up with their bullshit loud exhausts and slow riding than see this asshattery. :squid

Police target motorcycle stunt riders like ones who blocked I-70 traffic - KansasCity.com

Then again they are from Kansas or Missouri. These poor fucks don't even know what a turn looks like, so I guess getting bored is pretty easy out there. :p

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
It is unfortunate that young people like this make it that much harder for the rest of us. But I suppose that's what young people are there for.

Truth be told, I would probably be participating in such behavior if I had a bike like mine at that age. I'd probably be dead, too.

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
I never understood the 'get an RR bike (or any motorcycle, I guess, though RRs seem most popular) and then act like a complete asshole' thing. It is mandated somewhere that you need to ride xx or xxx miles a year on just the back wheel? On the wrong side of the road? Bouncing off of the rev limiter? Riding with flip flops on etc?

I'm no cruiser fan, by large and far, but you just don't see cruiser riders riding wheelies down the boulevard. I would know, 80% of the bikes around here are cruisers and I would rather put up with their bullshit loud exhausts and slow riding than see this asshattery. :squid

Police target motorcycle stunt riders like ones who blocked I-70 traffic - KansasCity.com

Then again they are from Kansas or Missouri. These poor fucks don't even know what a turn looks like, so I guess getting bored is pretty easy out there. :p
Cruisers do ride in packs and block traffic, fairly regularly. Their stunt of choice is the beer-lubricated burnout, but you get a fair number of those who let go of the front brake and go shooting off in random directions for brief periods of time. It's not just the sport bikes. Not that that makes things better...

KeS

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Cruisers do ride in packs and block traffic, fairly regularly. Their stunt of choice is the beer-lubricated burnout, but you get a fair number of those who let go of the front brake and go shooting off in random directions for brief periods of time. It's not just the sport bikes. Not that that makes things better...

KeS
Bias journalism around my town then, I guess. None of the local news media posts shit about dead cruiser riders, but single vehicle drunken accidents or shenanigans inherent to things like Thunder In The Valley, in two weeks, and the douchebaggery involved therein.

Other than that it's all about the evils of sport bikers. Maybe western PA just has well behaved 150db straight pipes using, straight line riding, speed limit using, drunken old men with beards out of ZZTop.

Lucky us. :dodgy

·
Registered
1,709 Posts

Sounds like you need to join a pirate gang.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts