Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm pretty much dead set on a new bike, but i'm kinda curious about the 916's. i love their look and sound. can anyone tell me more about them? i've looked at them on cycletrader.com, and they're not bad price wise. what about maintenance, etc? thanks!

·
Registered
237 Posts
maintenance is kind of a bear on 916's when compared to japanese bikes. if you like to turn a wrench then it is no big deal, you can do most everything but valve adjustments every 6000 miles.

·
Registered
83 Posts
As yellowduc says if you like to wrench it's no big deal. You can even do the valve adjustments yourself if you have patience and someone to show you how to do it once (that's a huge help). I've been doing the services - from belts to valves and everything in between - on my 916 and ST4 and it's really not as daunting as it's storied to be :rolleyes

The 916, suspension set properly for it's rider, is an incredible machine. Spend more than a 5' test ride on one and you'll understand :cool:

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't mind doing my own work as long as someone shows me what to do the first time.

i love the 916, but i would only buy it if someone had one for a good price and very low miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts