Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Ducati 1299 Panigale confirmed - albeit by accident - Motorcycle news: New bikes - Visordown

A PHOTOGRAPH has emerged which appears to confirm rumours that Ducati will introduce a 1299 Panigale for 2015.

The picture was posted on the Facebook page of a US Ducati dealership after it won an award for top sales. It shows staff collecting the award at a dealer convention – in front of a picture of a Panigale with ‘1299’ on the side.

The image was quickly removed from Facebook and replaced with a cropped one.

The 1299 model is expected to go on sale next year alongside the 1199 Panigale and 1199 Panigale S but replacing the higher-spec R version.

It's believed to be the basis of a new World Superbike machine under championship rules changes from 2015.

It’s rumoured to make around 10hp more than the 1199, bringing power to over 200hp.

The 1299 Panigale is expected to be unveiled at the Eicma Milan motorcycle show on November 5.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hmm, interesting. Ducati could use some help.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
yellow font on light grey background is no bueno
Can't read any of the yellow words. Don't post in yellow, don't use soap in a public bathroom if it is yellow and don't eat the yellow snow

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
im super lazy on my phone...plus hes been doing this on a few other threads.

i had a hard time negotiating for a 1198 when the 1199s were already out, so i know better than to hope for a 1199 for the price of a jap liter bike. kudos for ducati but im still thinking of getting a thruxton as my next bike.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
At what point will we say this amount of power is f***ing ridiculous and stop playing the hp game?

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
At what point will we say this amount of power is f***ing ridiculous and stop playing the hp game?
We won't.

Moar power moar betta.

I' not paying for it, but meh, the ZX-10R and S100RR have been putting out 200hp with exhausts and tunes for a while now. Its not exactly uncharted.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Dodge is releasing a 700+hp (that 707 number is just a nice number for magazines) 4 door sedan in the coming months. for about 70 grand.

it won't stop until someone starts yelling loud enough for bans like a shithead.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
We won't.

Moar power moar betta.

I' not paying for it, but meh, the ZX-10R and S100RR have been putting out 200hp with exhausts and tunes for a while now. Its not exactly uncharted.
I know 200hp isn't unheard of. I'm just commenting on how it seems the main difference between the 1299 and 1199 is 100 more cc's and more power.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
I know 200hp isn't unheard of. I'm just commenting on how it seems the main difference between the 1299 and 1199 is 100 more cc's and more power.
You are assuming that its getting 100 more CCs.

Here is one for you, the 1098R and the 1198 have the same displacement, the R had 100 more cc than the base 1098 to get to the very top of the allowable limit for WSBK homogulation.

I doubt HIGHLY that Ducati is going to bump the displacement OUT of that range, this is the reason that KTM is axing the RC8, if they make 1290 (1301cc) RC8 its NOT allowable in WSBK, and they don't want to do that anyway, they want to do MotoGP, so the new motor from KTM is going to be a LC16.......some behemoth V-4 that they aren't even making a street version of.

Reactions: mangosmoothie16

·
Giant on a Motorcycle
1,491 Posts
Jesus superbikes are getting crazy these days. Are they going to have 300 hp in 15 years? Let's hope they figured out the expanding fuel tank situation....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts