Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences? Which do u prefer?

I like the 749 because it seems the perfect size for track and casual cruising.. But the rsv1000 comes at a good price (in comparison to duc)... what do u think?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Durability Reliability goes hands down to aprilia. Rotax rotax rotax. I have not read a case of the valves being out of spec yet. I've got 10,000 on mine it was checked at 9,000. Read of people going over 50,000 without ever getting adjusted. Its a German(Austrian) masterpiece. The general industry thoughts are, italian design with japanese reliability.

The Duc, well its a sexy machine, but you hear the same story from everyone about maintenace.

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ya i love the new paint scheme on the '05s, not many aprilia dealers in the area though. So the ones they do have they dont wanna sell any lower than MSRP..

I want the bike to last for life too w/ minimal problems

·
BIRDMAN
2,559 Posts
The Aprilia's are very reliable, cost less to maintain, more comfortable, cheaper while having similar or the same spec parts as a duc and for those reasons make them the better road bike. But a Duc does have that quality about it that no other make can match. Hard to define. The Ducs are fragile waif supermodels with lots of demands while Aprilia are strong and butch.
No bike will last forever if you ride the thing on a regular basis, but you'll be able to rack up many times the miles on a Aprilia with out so much as a hickup from the bike.

·
BIRDMAN
2,559 Posts
falco said:
Durability Reliability goes hands down to aprilia. Rotax rotax rotax. I have not read a case of the valves being out of spec yet. I've got 10,000 on mine it was checked at 9,000. Read of people going over 50,000 without ever getting adjusted. Its a German(Austrian) masterpiece. The general industry thoughts are, italian design with japanese reliability.

The Duc, well its a sexy machine, but you hear the same story from everyone about maintenace.
And German durability
Best twins you can buy

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where does the rsv1000 lie in comparison to the cbr1000rr... besides the engine diffence, what would justify the exta 3-5k in price... Italian design? a masterpiece?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Not having the same ride as everyone else in town. Rotax Rotax Rotax. They sound way way way cooler. And the Italian masterpiece.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts