Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I took the advice and dropped the front sliders about 1/2 inch in the tripple tree, and it did lower the front, however not really any real difference, so I am considering going more say 1 inch or even a bit more.
Keep in mind I am trying to be able to touch the floor with both feet flat. What ill effects might dropping more bring?

I guess it is just me but this bike still feels top heavy to me so it is still a bit intimidating, I bought a Rebel 250 for my wife last week and drove it home from Redding about 50 miles, and I don't know if it is the lightness of it or the fact that I touched the ground flatfoot but I felt more confident riding it than my FZ6. i love the FZ6 power , and maybe I just need more time on it to get used to it, but I feel that touching flatfoot would go a great deal in helping. i am also planning on having my seat reshaped.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I touch flatfoot on my fz6 but still have had a couple set downs with the bug.. mostly when I accidently loose footings when moving about the yard... My wifes Ninja 250 weighs like half the weight and I have not had a problem with that... I noticed when I wear my boots I have a lot better footing and all is well... I plan on getting my seat shaved and some gel padding added this winter.. I figure that will give me even more flat feet stickage to the ground :)

-jim

·
Registered
25 Posts
I dropped the triple clamp down the fork tubes about 1 and a half inches. I still have yet to hit the first triple clamp (closest to the ground) on a hard suspension hit. Even after doing high wheelies and coming down pretty hard it has yet to bottom out.

Also, I find that less weight is on my ass (due to the increased forward lean) so I can ride longer with less of a pain in my ass!!!

Just my two cents!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if dropping the front affects the "shaking while braking" issue?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Elkymutt, how did dropping the front the much effect overall handling and is your rear still stock heigth. Do you have a pic of it like this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is defintely much more control at all speeds. I've noticed that anything over 170 kph gets quite shaky if you are not in a crouch. Seems that as you make the steering easier, the wind tends to hit your arms and cause the bike to shake a bit. I figure I'm rarely going that fast so it's a non issue. Sorry no pics/no digital camera.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is defintely much more control at all speeds. I've noticed that anything over 170 kph gets quite shaky if you are not in a crouch. Seems that as you make the steering easier, the wind tends to hit your arms and cause the bike to shake a bit. I figure I'm rarely going that fast so it's a non issue. Sorry no pics/no digital camera.

Yes, the rear is still stock height and I have also added the FZ1 titanium straight/drag bar which is much lighter - I don't have bar ends either. the bar wasn't threaded on the ends...

·
Registered
858 Posts
Okay so whos got pics ?? and whats the torq specs on the bolts ??
:needpics
good info here ... thx all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts