Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dropped the [email protected]#$%&* bike today. ARGHHHHH! :mad: First time I wore my new leather jacket and kinda not used to it yet, so I was having a hard time balancing. Backed out the bike and boom, with no warning, lost my balance and I tried to get the bike as hard as I can, but just couldn't, so I drop it. Middle fairing is broken due to the signal light. The signal light pushed the middle fairing inward, though it's not as bad, 'coz of the honda wing sticker covered the crack. The lower fairing however have the scratch, though it's barely noticable, but still. Called the dealer and ask for the middle and lower fairing, and bam, $640 smackers. Anybody of you guys know where I can get an OEM fairings? Also, dropping the bike like that, did I broke something else maybe? Fairing is cosmetics, so I don't really care for it, though I still would like to replace it, but internally, do you think, hopefully, I did not break anything else? :a2

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's nice to know that it's not only me. I kinda feel stupid though.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will, as soon as I can find a good one. Also, I have to replace the signal light, 'coz it's sticking out so far.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
cebu66 said:
Also, I have to replace the signal light, 'coz it's sticking out so far.
Replace them with flush mounts...They're worth the few bucks you'll spend on them, and in the event of a drop, they have less tendency to get broken...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where can I get one? It seems to me that there are not a whole lot of accessories yet for the CBR1000RR?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation L8 Braker. cebu66, the mids and lowers for the red bike are available from Honda; I just checked. You would be looking at them in 7-10 business days. They will be painted and stickered. Give me a call.

Jonathan

·
Registered
42 Posts
how did u 'just lose your balance'? the only time i've ever dropped my bike while still was bcuz i put my foot down on gravel and my foot slid. and even then i was able to slow it down so it didn't break anything. and that's when i had an r6. i believe your 1000rr is almost the same weight, maybe 10 pounds heavier.

·
Banned
912 Posts
Don't feel bad man shit happens! You can fix it your self for alot cheaper, hell I did. Also look at it this way I have dropped my bike like 4 times and you know what I say after every drop. It is a toy, we treat them like toys so they are going to brake like toys. Just cost more to fix then your Huffy!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dude that sucks. I feel your pain. Every time I fix up or get a new bike something stupid happens and it gets a scratch or worse. I say if its liveable then just ride it.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Really sorry to hear that man. I've dropped bikes myself as well. I hate that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. That's the worst. Hope everything works out getting it fixed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I dropped my bike as well but luckily I had the foresight to put sliders so the damage was limited to the stator cover being scratched a bit. Don't worry, you'll get over it soon. Live and learn dude.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm not too worried about a few scratches on my bike. It only has to look good to me because by the time I'm ready to sell it it'll be worthless anyway. Not many people out there willing to spend much money on a bike that has over 50,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've never "dropped" my bike. the sidestand retracted and it fell over cause I was in the dark and didn't make sure it was down, then I was pulling into a parking space and had the front brake on, my brakes were shot and I couldn't get any grip so I pulled harder and they stuck and then grabbed really fast and caused me to mildly highside at about 2mph I literally got thrown off. As far as losing balance though that's never happened to me, except for the time when I was too small to flat foot a bike and dropped a VFR800 in the Honda dealership.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sorry to hear about the bike we all make mistakes, better we learn from them

·
Registered
173 Posts
frame sliders !!!! dont trip though happens to the best of us...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts