Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm headed home from work last night going the speed limit. I was following behind a truck for around 20 miles. Both of us were going the speed limit. All of a sudden he slams on his brakes HARD. I stop just fine, and pull up beside him to see what his problem is. He jumps out of the truck and tackles me off the bike. I broke free and step back, and when he lunged for me again, I knocked him on his ass.

Long story short, the guy had a cdl that was taken from him on the spot, and I may be charged with assault of some kind because my astars gloves have carbon fiber knuckles.

There were witnesses that backed up my story. Also one of the LEO's said he observes me every day commuting to and from work and he has never seen me drive recklessly or over the speed limit.

My bike had race rails so damage was minimal.

Fun night...

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
That's weird. Do you have any idea what set him off?

PhilB

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He claimed I was following too close. If I was, I would have rear ended him, but I didn't. Although I'm sure a sport bike behind you for 20 miles would annoy someone from the sound alone.(even tho I have an Akra). I don't pass cars at night.

·
Registered
517 Posts
There must be something you didn't tell us.

Is it a one-lane road or two lane road? Can you pass legally? Why do you say you don't pass cars at night? Are you using high beam when following the truck?

·
Registered
507 Posts
You can't make this stuff up! I've been annoyed with people following me in the past, but I just slow down until they go around me. Once I slowed to 25 mph on the interstate, very gradually, over the course of 5 miles or so. I think the person behind me was just "hypnotised" by the boring road. They really jumped in their seat like they woke up, then went around me. So I followed them for a while.

- John

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
There must be something you didn't tell us.

Is it a one-lane road or two lane road? Can you pass legally? Why do you say you don't pass cars at night? Are you using high beam when following the truck?
Country road middle of BFE. There are legal places to pass, but I choose not too at night mostly because of the abundance of critters. That said if someone was going slower than the speed limit I would still pass. But not if the car is traveling the speed limit. There would be no point.

And no lo beam only.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wtf? If that's all there is to it, why isn't he being charged with assault??

Because there was a passenger that collaborated the drivers story. And witnesses in the neighborhood that confirmed my story. Cop said he'd give the statements to the prosecutor and go from there.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Someone in another thread suggested it was "unmanly" not to "have the balls to pull over and talk about it" if you honk at someone.

Your case shows why (even though I know you didn't say anything about honking at him) There is no, repeat, absolutely NO f'ing way I'm gonna "stop and talk about" a traffic incident other than an actual accident where hopefully police are on the way.

Just nothing good that can come from it. Nothing to do with balls.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Someone in another thread suggested it was "unmanly" not to "have the balls to pull over and talk about it" if you honk at someone.

Your case shows why (even though I know you didn't say anything about honking at him) There is no, repeat, absolutely NO f'ing way I'm gonna "stop and talk about" a traffic incident other than an actual accident where hopefully police are on the way.

Just nothing good that can come from it. Nothing to do with balls.
Yes this ^^ all of this.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
He claimed I was following too close. If I was, I would have rear ended him, but I didn't. Although I'm sure a sport bike behind you for 20 miles would annoy someone from the sound alone.(even tho I have an Akra). I don't pass cars at night.
Believe me, he didn't hear you. Next time you're in a cage, pay attention to where you hear bikes.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Wow, sounds like a real nut job. You're making me think twice about taking a trip to Arkansas next year. :p

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
So I'm headed home from work last night going the speed limit. I was following behind a truck for around 20 miles. Both of us were going the speed limit. All of a sudden he slams on his brakes HARD. I stop just fine, and pull up beside him to see what his problem is. He jumps out of the truck and tackles me off the bike. I broke free and step back, and when he lunged for me again, I knocked him on his ass.

Long story short, the guy had a cdl that was taken from him on the spot, and I may be charged with assault of some kind because my astars gloves have carbon fiber knuckles.

There were witnesses that backed up my story. Also one of the LEO's said he observes me every day commuting to and from work and he has never seen me RIDE recklessly or over the speed limit.

My bike had race rails so damage was minimal.

Fun night...
To: Berencam

I am sorry dude. But the last few conversations you and I had got me thinking you are dense.

I kinda like this one "There were witnesses that backed up my story. Also one of the LEO's said he observes me every day commuting to and from work and he has never seen me drive recklessly or over the speed limit." Ahh just Googled it...1400 population...lol

Something doesn't add up though....What kind of truck? Can you describe the guy? Did he say anything? Was he alone? Was he mute? Sorry normal shit people mention when they say a story-but then again this is just my rightful opinion.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To: Berencam

I am sorry dude. But the last few conversations you and I had got me thinking you are dense.

I kinda like this one "There were witnesses that backed up my story. Also one of the LEO's said he observes me every day commuting to and from work and he has never seen me drive recklessly or over the speed limit." Ahh just Googled it...1400 population...lol

Something doesn't add up though....but then again this is just my rightful opinion.
More like 400 population. VERY small town. And just because I like to argue technicalities,( successfully with you I might add) doesn't make me dense.

What exactly is your opinion? What on earth could I have done that would warrant him slamming on his brakes? Even if I WAS following too close you don't do that.

And if you think I provoked it don't you think I'd put my bike on the stand first.

Think about it before expressing your opinion.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Yeah alot of it doesn't make sense at all, like the hows and the whys of the other guy getting his CDL pulled? Was He drunk? Was He is Semi truck and not a pick up? I have a CDL and the only time I have ever heard of it being pulled on the side of the road was for a Suspended license. I don't know, too many weird things here.

Reactions: beowulf2k

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah alot of it doesn't make sense at all, like the hows and the whys of the other guy getting his CDL pulled? Was He drunk? Was He is Semi truck and not a pick up? I have a CDL and the only time I have ever heard of it being pulled on the side of the road was for a Suspended license. I don't know, too many weird things here.
Because he was driving with no proof of insurance, and he admitted to slamming on the brakes to try to get me to wreck.

I don't know why on earth I'm trying to defend myself here.I'll just post up the police report when I get it. Jeesh

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Because he was driving with no proof of insurance, and he admitted to slamming on the brakes to try to get me to wreck.

I don't know why on earth I'm trying to defend myself here.I'll just post up the police report when I get it. Jeesh
There are people out there that just want to pick a fight. Some of them are driving trucks. Some of them are trolling forums. :)

Me, I wouldn't follow a large truck very far regardless. Blocked view, debris, thrown tread -- I'd rather take my chances with the critters.

PhilB

1 - 20 of 51 Posts