Sport Bikes banner

dropped her in the garage :(

664 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  AirForceTeacher 
#1 ·
Well, I soldered up and installed bubmrtn's LED taillight board into place (which looks totally AWESOME, even without a clear lens) and I popped the bike back onto the sidestand to park it. As a last minute thought, I said "hey, I should check the tire pressure while I'm at it." The rear valve was hidden under the chain and calipers so I needed to roll the bike forward a few feet to get the valve in view. I was on the right side of the bike, so I pulled it toward me to move it.

BAD IDEA :bitchslap

As soon as I moved about 6 inches, the kickstand went up and the bike took a dive away from me with a sickening crunch (I actually ended up on top of her trying to save her from her doom.) Thankfully, the frame sliders saved me from any major damage. The left mirror and mirror arm broke off at the frame and there's a small scuff on the bottom of the crankcase cover. Does anyone know how much it costs to replace a mirror?

Lesson learned: Never ever move the bike from the right side. EVER. :bitchslap

#3 ·
Gand said:
Lesson learned: Never ever move the bike from the right side. EVER. :bitchslap
I don't think that was your problem. Never move the bike when it's leaning away from you. I've moved my bike standing on either side, but I pull the front brake lean it upright, then lean it slightly towards myself so the seat is resting against my thigh, and then release the front brake and push it. Your problem was, as far as I can tell, that you moved it while it was leaning away from you.

#4 ·
Yeah, that was what did it... if I had pulled it far enough over so it was leaning to the right I might have been OK.

#5 ·
Everytime I tried to move my bike from the side, even the left it felt like I was gonna lose it, so I just duckwalk it or start 'er up now.

Sorry to hear it Gand. Glad to know that the sliders worked. I ordered mine the other night, wanna try to put them on as soon as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.