Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I dropped my bike and was wondering if you could suggest where I can find some cheap fairings. I dropped it on the right side and it broke the front fairing (the one connected to the wind screen). Its on an 09 ninja 500 so its all one piece, wraps around on both sides. It completely broke the right side off at where the holes for the turn signals are. I checked the price on the stock fairing and its way too high. I have it temporarily fixed but it doesnt look the best in the world so I'm thinking about replacing it. Also, one of my fork seals are leaking so I'm going to replace them. I'm going to do that myself since the kawasaki dealership charges $190 labor for each side. Should I get the dealership to order the seals for me or do you guys have somewhere else you get your parts? I'm new to bikes and not sure where to get my parts. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
+1 for bikebandit.com. I don't know if they carry Kawasaki but they have been a great source for parts for my Triumphs and Yamaha.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I checked bikebandit and they had the part for $812. I'm really not trying to spend that much. I'm going to keep a lookout on ebay. I wouldn't mind if its a knockoff as long as i looks ok.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh ok. Thanks drummer I will probably order the seals from there. Still looking for the fairing though. There are a lot of aftermarket fairings on ebay (for $400-$600 for the whole set) but it seems like you can get them for every model except the 500. Anyone know why this is or where i could find one? I'm going to keep searching. Just let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I found a bunch of Ninja 500 fairings in Ebay a few months back when I was looking for some for a friend. They'll pop up eventually.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
32 Posts
I second looking at the reviews on the eBay fairings before buying. One other option is finding some that don't match and either getting them painted or painting them yourself. If it's a 2009, the fairings are probably similar on the model years around it. And you never know what you can find locally on Craigslist until you look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts