Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Fast bikes fan
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a safety standpoint, wouldn't it be safer if we continued to drive on the right side of the road, yet switched from right hand drive cars to left hand drive cars? Or if we switched the lanes, then we could just keep all our cars, being that they are left hand drive already- then the only change would be making everyone drive on the left hand side of the road.

Hypothetically, it would make head on collisions do less damage, by positioning the drivers as far away from each other as possible.

It would also give drivers more vision around left corners, but reduce around corner visibility on the rights.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
i think it would be better if your face was placed where your anus cavity is, that way we don't have to look at it...

Reactions: No Coast Rider

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Haven't changed much, have you Patet? That was unnecessary. Cut it out.

·
Fast bikes fan
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think it would be better if your face was placed where your anus cavity is, that way we don't have to look at it...

If my face and anus switched places then you'd be looking at my asshole instead. Is that what you like to see? Buttholes?

:tease

·
Fast bikes fan
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm good point. That could be solved with back up cameras installed in the passener side mirrors, and showing on the nav screen... Or craning ones neck over a bit.

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Haven't changed much, have you Patet? That was unnecessary. Cut it out.
I am much more tame now, and i don't post as much:barman
just a little joke..nydianzo is a jokester so he knows is just fun :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
head on coalitions are very rare, and when they do happen one driver is normally out of control, and skids into the other lane.

switching seat positions wouldn't help those crashes.

plus people far more commonly go off the side of the road and run into things there. switching seat positions wouldn't help there either.

what would help is people not to driving while drunk after 1am.

wearing seat belts.

and making a 40 hour performance driving/driving in limited traction conditions coarse part of drivers ed.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Stems from days driving wagons carts and carriages... so you didn't hook wheels as you passed by one another.

It's one if those things that just gets handed down and it is what it is. Like woman's clothing buttons are backwards from mens-only because they didn't to used dress themselves and it was easier for the help. No logical reason now. .. just handed down.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
topic is dumb. I see no logical reason to switch sides of anything...

·
Fast bikes fan
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are a serious loser dude, but I'm sure you already know that.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
They drive that way in mines/quarries (driver on the left, but driving on the left side of the road). I was told it's so that way the driver on the ledge side could see the edge better. I guess you want the driver on the side of the vehicle that has the greatest hazard potential.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
one problem is making passes on 2 lane roads from behind tall vehicles. you would need to slide way into the oncoming lane to see if there is an oncoming car.
This is precisely why the drivers side is always on the opposite side that one drives. It would present a major safety hazard otherwise.

hmm good point. That could be solved with back up cameras installed in the passener side mirrors, and showing on the nav screen... Or craning ones neck over a bit.
You'd cause way more head-on accidents this way. Not only would you not make driving any safer (quite the contrary actually), you'd make it more difficult.

As a motorcyclist (or any motorist really), do you really want someone relying on looking at a camera mounted on their mirrors displayed on a nav screen when making the determination to pass or not? You think people don't notice motorcyclists as it is, think how bad it will be if they're trying to find one on a 7" screen on their dash.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
From a safety standpoint, wouldn't it be safer if we continued to drive on the right side of the road, yet switched from right hand drive cars to left hand drive cars?
Huh? We already use left-hand-drive cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts