Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey.
I was just wondering how many of you go to fast food drive thrus on your bikes??? I don't own a car so its necessary for me. I thought it was perfectly normal, just stick the bag o food in my backpack and ride home. But when I was going thru a drive thru today, the dude behind teh counter flipped out. ionno if he had something against bikes but he kept saying that the drive thru was for cars and that I wasnt allowed there. If I wanted to order I would hafta go inside. So i just said fuck it and left. That's never happened to me before. why are people hating on bikers nowadays?

·
Registered
553 Posts
It's irrational. The only reasoning I can think of is you pulling up and sticking them up with a gun. Same issue with people walking up to drive-thru's.

It's just as easy to do it with a car.

-Sam

·
Registered
61 Posts
nope i heard of bikes goin all the time, might get strange looks, next time ask for the manager or corporate phone number if they refuse to serve, its illegal. i even saw a motorcycle cop going thru the taco bell drive thru the other night

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
I've done it once before, but I don't like to yell in my helmet to get the order across and then hafto get off my bike to put the food in my backpack. I'd rather go in, talk to someone in person, make sure the order's right, flirt a little bit if she's cute, and be on my merry way.

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
I usually walk in just because it is a pain to deal with money when you have gloves on. Also, trying to order with a full face helmet doesn't work well either. I don't see any reason why you can't though.

I think you made the right call to just leave - the only other thing to have done is call the manager and bitch at them. You have to be careful about that these days because the fast food industry employs quite a few handicapped people. When someone starts getting really upset over nothing and keeps insisting you have to do it a certain way it makes me think the guy might have "other problems."

In those cases, you might be dealing with someone who is trying to enforce the rules as best they know them. You can just bet at some point they got told "Only people driving can use the drive through" and they can't conceptualize that the it's OK to use anything but a car. I wouldn't want to get someone like that in trouble - effort counts for a lot in my book and even if I get crappy service from someone who is doing their best, I'll tolerate it because I admire people who try really hard.

·
SBN Rookie ;-)
686 Posts
Maybe they dont like you coming through with a helmet on? Petrol stations like you to take off your helmet before coming in -scared of robberies. This is the only reason i can think of.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I never take my helmet doing anything.

If I want to go through the drive through I'll put my wallet in my tank bag and take my gloves off as I kill the motor to order. I walk the bike to the first window and handle the money, then put my gloves on start it ride to the 2nd window get the bag put it in my tank bag zip it up and leave.

It works pretty well.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Fuck that guy. If some $5 a hour fast food asshole told me I can't order food from the drive thru because I'm on a bike, there would be a serious problem. I'm not trying to act like a tough guy but no fucking way would I tolerate that shit. One you should have asked for the manager and two tell him you are going to see a laywer about a discrimination case. Christ you can spill hot coffee on yourself and walk away with money. Now I'm not totally serious about the Lawyer but I'm sure it would scare the manager into thinking his job could be put on the line and he would think twice about telling you know. Now just for the asshole factor I would go back everyday for a week just to be a dick. Just make sure you don't eat the food because you know as well as I you are getting the spit burger :pisson

·
Registered
471 Posts
fiftyonefifty said:
nope i heard of bikes goin all the time, might get strange looks, next time ask for the manager or corporate phone number if they refuse to serve, its illegal. i even saw a motorcycle cop going thru the taco bell drive thru the other night
a private company has the constitutional right to REFUSE anyone service, but....

if they refused based on sex or race.. then you might have a chance..

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
FloridaMike said:
a private company has the constitutional right to REFUSE anyone service, but....

if they refused based on sex or race.. then you might have a chance..

Well he was on a sexy racing bike, :lao

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
tmkreutzer said:
I think you made the right call to just leave - the only other thing to have done is call the manager and bitch at them. You have to be careful about that these days because the fast food industry employs quite a few handicapped people. When someone starts getting really upset over nothing and keeps insisting you have to do it a certain way it makes me think the guy might have "other problems."

In those cases, you might be dealing with someone who is trying to enforce the rules as best they know them. You can just bet at some point they got told "Only people driving can use the drive through" and they can't conceptualize that the it's OK to use anything but a car. I wouldn't want to get someone like that in trouble - effort counts for a lot in my book and even if I get crappy service from someone who is doing their best, I'll tolerate it because I admire people who try really hard.
This might be true and if that's the case and they "honestly" didn't know then it still needs to be addressed to that persons manager. That way the employee can understand if he encounters anymore bikes in the future.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Almighty Jason said:
Hey easy on the $5 dollar burger boy commet I did that sh*t for 3 years.
Sorry bro if I offended you. Your right I should not have made reference to his earning power. But anybody working at a fast food drive thru trying to lecture me on what I can and can't do will not hold water with me. As i'm sure you did, this guy should be trying to figure out how to get better job or education so he can do something worth while and not lecturing the Customer on what he believes proper drive thru etiquitte is. Remember the old saying " Customer is always right"
This goes for anyone working in the "Service industry" if the people who pay your salary are not rude to you or disrespectful, you do not under any circumstances give your opinion or try to enforce a company policy you don't even know exists. Remember you in the business of serving people!

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I go through them all the time. I will not eat in any fast food joint. I always get some bling guy or some thing like that comming up to me and asking me to donate money to them because they can't work or some think like that. (I have nothing against bling or disabled people but don't beg).

·
Registered
548 Posts
Sorry bro if I offended you. Your right I should not have made reference to his earning power. But anybody working at a fast food drive thru trying to lecture me on what I can and can't do will not hold water with me. As i'm sure you did, this guy should be trying to figure out how to get better job or education so he can do something worth while and not lecturing the Customer on what he believes proper drive thru etiquitte is. Remember the old saying " Customer is always right"
This goes for anyone working in the "Service industry" if the people who pay your salary are not rude to you or disrespectful, you do not under any circumstances give your opinion or try to enforce a company policy you don't even know exists. Remember you in the business of serving people!
Naw you didn't offend me, I don't take this/or that job that seriously :cheers I was just messing with you. Just remember for some people that's all they got. While it's not the best job, I respect people who are out there working trying to make a living, and i'm sure you do too.

Hey if you rolled through my McD's when I was working I probably would have handed you and extra double chessburger, and make your super size fry a double super size fry. I use to always give away stuff when the customer asked, like paying for extra BBQ. I remember one time someone came through and started to hand me change for a BBQ---I was like "wo man" I got you---gave him like 5 :) Like someone else said he probably was just thinking because "he can't drive and eat." He probably never thought about taking it home. Not to mention the turn-around time for employees is matters of weeks on average of a place like that. I saw so many rooks come in it's not funny. It's great cause they are afraid of the managers and you. They couldn't believe that I would say anything to the managers when I though something was bs. I always told them "hey man i'm making 6 bucks, I can walk accross the street and start tom for the same amount--not to mention i pretty much ran the store even though i wasn't a manager I still gave orders. Actually the managers looked to me when they actually wanted something done--they knew that i treated others like equals where they did not and that everyone would listen to what i had to say. I pretty much did what I wanted because that store needed me. I gave out a ton of free food, hit on girls that worked there, ate a ton of free food. I miss that $5 an hour job, cause back then you don't give a F*&k if you lose it :beer

Sometimes people lose the fact that the people who work there don't set the policies and rules. That they have to follow the rules.

I have also been on the side of bitching out a customer before. It's a long story, a new manager came to us. This girl was very quiet and nice and good looking--first time i saw her something drew me in--she liked me and flirted with me so I could get away with anything. I followed the rules to make her life easier. But anyway this one day this guy comes in and is like "i need to see a manager" so of course she is the one there and i hear this and walk up there with her--plus i knew she would get terry-eyed when the yelling began. So I go up there with her and this guy is ranting and raving about a Happy meal toy--that he got to day that he asked for three days ago. McD has rules as to when these things happen and the date hadn't come yet so she had told him no a couple days ago. He did not let up and started attacking HER not what she did--of course she started crying--that was it, I let him have it. Standing there arguing with this guy about a stupid McD's toy or making this sweet nice girl cry.

You have a lot of self-pride when you can stand there and take a cheesburger to the chest from a customer who literally thows it at you and watch it bounce off your chest and hit the floor and make a huge mess, that you of course will be cleaning in a minute. And walk over tell the people in the grill area that they made a mistake politely, grab it walk back and set it on there tray as they continue to bitch. I have great respect for my buddy when this happened to him.

Theres a couple McD stories--there are many more, like almost burning it down and such--crazy times.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I go through them all the time. I will not eat in any fast food joint. I always get some bling guy or some thing like that comming up to me and asking me to donate money to them because they can't work or some think like that. (I have nothing against bling or disabled people but don't beg).
Not trying to knock your post, but a serious question.
What else are they going to do if they are blind and no one there to help him get started somewhere??

·
Registered
912 Posts
Almighty Jason said:
Not trying to knock your post, but a serious question.
What else are they going to do if they are blind and no one there to help him get started somewhere??
He's talking about people begging for cash. Blind or not, I earned my money and so should they.

As far as the drive through... I do it all the time. Especially at the bank... I hate going in to the bank because I have to take off all my gear. Through the drive through I just have to take off my gloves to write the deposit slip.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Let's be real for a minute here. The guy at the drive thru at one time or another had a girlfriend, This girlfriend left his sorry ass for someone who owned a bike, and now for the rest of his life when ever he sees a bike all he really sees is his exgirlfriends legs wrapped around the rider.And this is the only revenge that he will ever get. Now doesn't that make more sence? :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
There are people and organizations out there with the sole purpose in life to help blind people. He could work if he wanted to recieve the training they would offer. Lifes a bitch but the truth hurts and the truth is i worked for my money dude, get a job like the rest of us. As for the motorcycle thing i would have probably talked to the management after walking inside. I would have pointed out the employee who said i couldnt dump my money at their establishment, then I would have told them that me and my group would never do business there again. Business' know that bikers usually travel in packs and they allways wanna eat something. Why turn away a lot of business. Fact is they DO reserve the right to refuse service...however there had better be a pretty good fucking reason to PUBLICLY single out and embarrass someone.....thats just lawsuit city.....If i were you...I'd go back, and demand service...not by being rude....but by making them see the problem with that logic.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts