Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i know everyone is going to have a big NO for this but hear me out.

First, i don't drink and ride! I was out to eat the other day with my girl and almost orderd a beer. I didn't because i was with her, but I was thinking, it's just one beer. I know i can drink one beer and not even feel it, so i don't really see the problem with having a beer with your apateizer(sp?), or a glass of wine with your meal. Especially if you know your going to be at a resturant for a good hour and a half. I think in a situation like that 1 beer is ok. Or, if you go to a friends house on a sunday for a cookout at 12 and your not leaving till 5, i think a couple beers is ok in that situation to.

As a rule i don't, but i was just wondering what you all think about this. I definatley don't agree with people who ride and go to a bar or a friends house, get shit faced, and ride home. Thats a big no there. And i don't think you should be drinkin any hard liquor either, but 1 beer i don't think is a huge problem.

I know there are some people who will turn 1 beer into 8, but those people probably shouldn't be drinking in the first place if they can't control it :twofinger

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I had a friend who just got killed from drinking and riding so you know my response. NO FN WAY

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
No thanks.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
mmm nope, I don't even have one and ride. That's just me tho.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The first thing affected by drinking is judgment.

I’ve been known to drink way too much in ‘the day’ BUT, I will not get on the bike if I have had a drink and I do not want to be on the road with someone that has. It is a semi-free world and as long as you are under your state's limit you are legal, just not safe.

There are enough other dangers on the road.

Just an opinion ....

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Drinking and driving in any context calls for instant cryogenic freezing and a cinder block to the skull.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
When it comes to alcohol, I'm a lightweight. I have a low tolerance and seem to get drunk quicker than others. Because of that, I avoid alcohol if I'm riding. It makes sense to me.

·
Registered
522 Posts
hell no, stupid idea to me. i want 100% of my concentration when i'm riding.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Usually when I get a beer with dinner I'm at a restaurant where I'm going to spend a fair amount of time just sitting and BSing with friends... so yeah, usually between the food and the time between the beer and getting on the bike the alcohol is pretty much run through my system.

I'll drink a beer for dinner and then get back on the bike to ride home. I think some of you guys are over-reacting simply because we're talking about motorcycles and alcohol in the same thread. If you're responsible enough to enjoy the drink early in your meal it won't impair your judgement on the ride home. He isn't talking about slamming a six pack right after you finish your desert and then riding home.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
No. It's better to set yourself a hard limit with alcohol so that you don't get stupid and think to yourself one night 'if one is okay, two is okay too' and so on. Zero.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I drank and rode once in my life. It's the only time in my 15 years of riding that I've laid a bike down. You think it really fucks your perception up in a car, try it on a bike sometime, but prepare to wreck it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
wescoas1 said:
No. It's better to set yourself a hard limit with alcohol so that you don't get stupid and think to yourself one night 'if one is okay, two is okay too' and so on. Zero.
For some of us that isn't a problem. If it is for you then not having any is a great idea...

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
TexasCop said:
You think it really fucks your perception up in a car, try it on a bike sometime, but prepare to wreck it.
True!

I have only done the same once. It was at night, on a twisty maountain road at the ski lodge. ONE OF THE WORST RIDING DECISIONS I EVER MADE!

·
Registered
54 Posts
i tend to go to alot of cookouts and stuff like that and on a nice day i like to take my bike. lets say im gonna be there for 5 hours, ill have upto 5 beers but the last one i drink will be at least 1 1/2 before i leave. not to mention all the burgers and other food i consume. also nowing my breath smells of booze it keeps me from goin crazy other. no wheelies or higfh speed driving which is what prob brings most ppl down.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dude, Id never drink and drive but drinking and riding sounds like suicide to me and what makes it worse, your impairement and slowed reaction time can cause someone else to get hurt too... IMHO

·
Registered
117 Posts
jim schmidt said:
"Don't drink and drive" means Don't [get drunk] and drive. Having a beer is not the same thing.
Mykl said:
Usually when I get a beer with dinner I'm at a restaurant where I'm going to spend a fair amount of time just sitting and BSing with friends... so yeah, usually between the food and the time between the beer and getting on the bike the alcohol is pretty much run through my system.

I'll drink a beer for dinner and then get back on the bike to ride home. I think some of you guys are over-reacting simply because we're talking about motorcycles and alcohol in the same thread. If you're responsible enough to enjoy the drink early in your meal it won't impair your judgement on the ride home. He isn't talking about slamming a six pack right after you finish your desert and then riding home.
+1, most of you cats are taking the whole thing way out of context.

·
Registered
337 Posts
i just had a friend die thursday night from drinking and riding.the road turned...he didn't.if your riding i don't think you should have anything to drink...period.some of my other friends live to ride somewhere just to have a beer(s) and then ride to another bar to have more...hopefulley roberts' death will have an effect for the better....

i will personally call anyone,anywhere,to their face... a fucking moron for drinking then climbing on a bike...

you asked me what i think???i think your a fucking moron for drinking and riding.if you think it's ok to do,roberts' memorial service is monday night from 4-7pm.swing on by and say hi to the wife and kids he left behind......

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I don't drink and ride and I have absolutely no respect for anyone that does!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts