Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Inspired by another post)

When I was a kid I had a little motorcycle, then a moped and then nothing...

Obviously, being 160 pounds almost 6 feet tall was TOO MUCH for what the moped could handle, and in this big city, a moped is not really usefull.

So I wen't bikeless for alot of time. I always liked them. But almost forgot how much I liked them, until...

I started dreaming about riding.

I dreamt about riding a motorcycle for YEARS, they got to the point of becomming nightmares. They were so vivid that I always woke up without knowing if it was real or not, and if I really had a motorcycle. Obviously disapointment when I realized they were just dreams was awfull.

Then those dreams got worse, as usually almost at the end, the motorcycle that I had in my dreams, turned into a bycicle (no isht!) and I always woke up feeling sad about it.

That was it, I knew I had to get a motorcyle. And so I did, had to stand all the oposition from my parents, they almost made my life impossible and made me drop out of college in hope I would get rid of that motorcycle.

But ya know, karma is a bitch...

And that stupid motorcycle almost made me stop riding. What I had bought, was a freaking lemon!!! It always broke down, repairs were taking all of my paycheck (literaly), untill I decided not to fix it anymore and let it rot in the garage.

So I stopped riding, and the next two months were the most miserable months of my life. Life sucked, I was stressed, extremely depressed and feeling trapped all time. I had my car, but it wasn't the same. The feeling was weird, as no matter what, I felt like I was trapped and with nowhere to go.

Commute on my car was a torture. I couldn't stand it. No riding at all was killing me. I started dreaming about bikes again...

It was so bad that my GF even looked for a place where I could buy a bike with a credit! And one day she told me about this place.
Next day I was there in the morning, and bought a bike!

Now I realize my life depends on having a rideable motorcycle, and being able to ride. Even if I'm using the cage, just knowing that I can go home and hop on the bike and go my merry way on two wheels, that is enough for me.

Just knowing that I CAN make that choice makes the difference. I'm no longer trapped on my cage, I know that I'm there because of a choic, not because I have to.

By now, riding is an integral part of my life, as my only mean of transportation, as my hobby and my favorite activity. Riding every morning to work puts a smile on my face when I'm taking a sharp turn, in full lean and feeling so free.

I can't remember when I felt so closely related to a machine. When I'm on my bike, we are one, I can move the bike as if it were my body, I can feel it as such. It is the perfect mix of human and machine...

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
WOW MAN you sound like you are a bit obsessed about the bike thing. To each their own i guess. Hell when i had the 900RR it sat on the patio more than under my ass. It got boring quickly as the weather here sucks a big one. Glad you got your obsession fixed for the time being

·
Registered
323 Posts
yeah i know what you mean im the same way its in our blood you could say
i had the most terrible dream the other day that some one stole my bike while i was some how paralyzed couldnt move to save her and they took her and then later smashed her into a wall then in the rest of my dream i when to the coroners and they had a white sheet over her and fluid was drippin of the table then i woke up and ran into the garage to find her sitting as beautiful as ever smiling at me calling my name so i suited up and rode.

·
Registered
426 Posts
sounds a little obsessive, but whatever floats your boat.

I only have had dreams of ridding where I wreck:-/ Had a few after I went down 2 months after I got her.

Then a few more of when this idiot pulled out in front of me. I locked the tired very badly on that one and almost lost the bike. Times like that will make your heart stop for a second or two. I've definitely become more cautious around cagers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts