Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
It's really a lack of motiviation and lack of respect on part of the players. They are getting paid multi-million dollar contract to play basketball. They went their for a free trip thinking their arrogant, cocky selves could just waltz in there and smother the comptetion. They showed no pride for their country.

Way to go USA Basketball!!!!!! :nutkick

·
ok, who farted?
559 Posts
really it wasn't their fault. first off, it's the way the team was assembled, too many of the same type players. no real shooters, all slashers and scorers who really struggled with the zone defenses. and besides, all of the teams that they played against are just that...teams...they've played together for a long time, while the u.s. team isn't really a team, just a bunch of players put together who have never played together. if they would of had more time to practice, trust me it would be a different result. besides, the U.S. didn't have all of it's best players. they needed shaq, kobe, t-mac, bibby, webber, nash, wallace, k-mart, carter and a lot of other players that could have been there instead...at least some one to make some three pointers, like sam cassel, now thats a badass player there....

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
To me it hasn't been the "Dream Team" since the original 1992 Dream Team! Now watching them play AS A TEAM was just awesome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey im new to riding and to this site. 92 yamaha seca II.
You forgot to mention michael redd and ray allen as well as reggie miller. If we had just two of the three people i had mention we would of won the gold.
Just someone who could shoot the three that would open up the inside breaking down the zone. I think i might be wrong steve nash is canadian.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
oscarcolumbo said:
really it wasn't their fault. first off, it's the way the team was assembled, too many of the same type players. no real shooters, all slashers and scorers who really struggled with the zone defenses. and besides, all of the teams that they played against are just that...teams...they've played together for a long time, while the u.s. team isn't really a team, just a bunch of players put together who have never played together. if they would of had more time to practice, trust me it would be a different result. besides, the U.S. didn't have all of it's best players. they needed shaq, kobe, t-mac, bibby, webber, nash, wallace, k-mart, carter and a lot of other players that could have been there instead...at least some one to make some three pointers, like sam cassel, now thats a badass player there....

Agreed totally.

The team was assembled to sell more jerseys than it was to make baskets.

The rest of the countries teams for the most part play together ALL THE TIME. Alot of those teams have been together for years. Yet our guys get what, 3 weeks to become a team??

Officiating was horrid.

All the fans were against us.

With the team that we were given, I think they did a pretty good job. I didn't see any of them out there just giving up. They tried, and failed a few times.

To everyone that says that they suck, could you and your idiot friends have done any better?

·
Registered
55 Posts
yeah the refs were TERRIBLE, they even said it on tv. Although i think it woulda been better with KG, shaq, kobe, tmac blah blah blah we still shoulda probly won with the calibur of players we had. But when i watched it looked like most of the guys were lazy, not going for rebounds, taking poor shots. I think allen iverson was the only guy i saw out there playing with all his heart. I didnt really like how so many people wanted us to lose that were from the usa but oh well they were pretty lazy when they played i thought.

·
20,262 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
To everyone that says that they suck, could you and your idiot friends have done any better?
Didn't see anyone saying they "sucked" or could do better. I do believe they went in there with an arrogant attitude thinking they could just sweep them and didn't take the rest of the country's seriously.

Oh well..at least they were able to salvage it a bit and get a bronze

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Rascus said:
Didn't see anyone saying they "sucked" or could do better. I do believe they went in there with an arrogant attitude thinking they could just sweep them and didn't take the rest of the country's seriously.

Oh well..at least they were able to salvage it a bit and get a bronze

Okay, fine, to anyone who says that it's embarrassing, could you and your idiot friends have done better??

·
Registered
268 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
Okay, fine, to anyone who says that it's embarrassing, could you and your idiot friends have done better??
What are you trying to prove? These are multi-million dollar athelete's who play basketball for a living. They took their competition for granted and got their asses handed to them by less-talented players who wanted it more. End of story.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes it is embarrassing, but they flat out got beat by better TEAMS, not really better players. It's just a real shame the real all-stars didn't want to step up and represent our great country.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Damn right that was embarassing. To that guy who said if the "dream team" had more time to practice they woulda whooped ass, the original dream team didnt have alot of time to practice either and look at what they did. It wasnt even about the quality of the players because each one of those guys that were out there could play their asses off, its all because of the way the NBA has evolved into punk kids with big attitudes. The NBA needs to stop allowing high school players into the league and make them learn team ball in college for at least two years. Maybe then we'll start being the best country in the world in basketball again.

·
20,262 Posts
The Red Raider said:
What are you trying to prove? These are multi-million dollar athelete's who play basketball for a living. They took their competition for granted and got their asses handed to them by less-talented players who wanted it more. End of story.

Thank you!!!!!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I watched all of the games, and listened to all of the experts say what was wrong with the team. It was pretty embarassing watching them lose, but I want to give a shout out to all of the players who refused to participate. They can take the american peoples money when they go to watch games, but can't represent our country. i will not go to any more NBA games, so I can pad the pocket of a bunch of spoiled millionares.

·
Registered
347 Posts
And also, they never called this team a "Dream Team". We weren't even the favorites. There were a few teams that had a chance for gold. Also, the players aren't just random guys picked up off the street, they are the stars of the European and Latin American leagues. Not making excuses, but to root against Team USA is f'ed up. Tell me they're not disappointed to get bronze...

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Complete embarrassment! I hope this is taken as a wake-up call for the US to get their shit together and beat some ass in 08!

·
ok, who farted?
559 Posts
the team was a good team...i mean you had tim duncan, carmelo anthony, carlos boozer, alen iverson, lebron james, richard jefferson, lamar odom, emeka okafor, amare stoudemire and dwane wade. at the beggining of the olympics, tell me you wouldn't of thought that the team was good enough to win an nba championship, let alone a gold medal. i mean, i'll take that team up against the detroit pistons any day...they just needed some time to play is all. just like in football, baseball or any other team sport, you don't just put a team together in what....four weeks at the most...and expect them to win the title...get that same team to play for a year and do it over again, bet its a different result! i mean tim duncan did NOTHING the whole time....but i bet it wont happen again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts