Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
he is a sandhu, some hindu sub sect. they have been locking their hair for centuries. We have in W. Africa baye fall who also have locks long like this.

·
Registered
517 Posts
At least I now know there is hope for my dreads...eventhough I have one hand on a pair of scissors.

·
Registered
924 Posts
yellowbird said:
At least I now know there is hope for my dreads...eventhough I have one hand on a pair of scissors.
U got dreads?

just when i thought i was unique

·
Registered
442 Posts
yellowbird said:
whats wrong with your locks? I have locks too.

·
Registered
924 Posts
wow 3 of us

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
yellowbird said:
You're hair is cute short!! :banana

·
Registered
517 Posts
My locks are still a work in progress because of the mixed race thing it is taking longer than normal to lock...I cut all of my hair off last year Feb to start my locks...a new beginning...I don't like having short hair...it's driving me :banana every person I meet with locks I ask them how long before their hair locked...the fuzzies are what drives me most :banana I can't wait until I can throw away my bandanas

·
Registered
442 Posts
dont think that locks takes a certain amout of time cause it doesnt. Everyone is different. My wife has a friend who is 100% afro american and her hair is thick like a lambs wool and it took her 2 yrs to fully lock. My family is from S. Leone in west africa and my hair has been locking for the last year, and the top still isnt fully locked. the hair in the back and sides of my head are different from top, my top hairs are more straight, and the rest is curly.

Depending on why you have locks this process should make you patient. Its a struggle much like life you know? Once they are finally formed then you appreciate the process. Just hang in there ;)

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Wild Style said:
Depending on why you have locks this process should make you patient.
Why would it depend on "why" you have locks?? Post a picture of you, I wanna see :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
chiny,

okay in w. africa there is a muslim group name baye fall, they are like saints in christianity but instead of being a saint after you die they are saint while they are alive a :| i hope u get that.

Anyway these people do not worry about themselves. I mean they have no care for the world. Material things and looks mean nothing to them. They only do things to please God. So they lock their hair cause it is the highest form of "i don't care, i will just let my hair matt up and look like a bum" cause they have grown past outward expression.

So if a person is doing it for "spirtual" reasons then 1. it could signify the struggle one goes through to reach a certail lvl of "understanding" or it could be to renounce outward appearances. Then you have the other group of people who do it so they can stunt and look like a super star, feel me?

·
Registered
442 Posts
let me add, there is nothing wrong with either of the 3 groups. If you do it cause you want to look like eric bennet then no harm in that ;)

·
wuka man
849 Posts
as long as you have a key to un-lock it :lao

ok...that was corny

·
Registered
442 Posts
beafer rofl

·
Registered
82 Posts
that's what my lower hair looks like wow...... lol lol lol

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Mini that's nasty!! :spank

Wild Style, that's cool, I didn't know that. I learn something new everyday :cheers

1 - 20 of 63 Posts