Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new here so I just bought a 2004 Triumph Daytona 600 I test drove it and everything was fine but of course as soon as I drove off with it I got about 20 miles down the road and when I would give it Full Throttle it would just bog down unless I would let my throttle off and then it would seem like you had full power again and I pulled over to see what was going on and turn it off and then the bike will no longer turn on my gauges and everything were like malfunctioning like they do in a car when your alternator goes out I went to Walmart bought a new battery hey guys new here so I just bought a 2004 Triumph Daytona 600 I test drove and everything was fine but of course as soon as I drove off with it I got about 20 miles down the road and when I would give it full throttle it would just bog down and less I would let my throttle off and then it would seem like you had full power again and I pulled over to see what was going on and turn it off and then the bike would no longer turn on my gauges and everything were like malfunctioning like they do in a car when you alternator goes out I went to the Walmart bought a new battery put it in she fired right up my gauges are working just fine got about 10 15 miles down the road and she started bugging out losing power again I turned her off and went to gain she would not turn back on so I can get any help here any advice that would be great

·
Registered
59 Posts
You need to check the stator output. If it's not charging, then you're just running off battery power until that draws down too low and things get wonky and the bike dies. If it's the stator, it's not that hard to replace on most bikes. I don't know your bike, but this is not all that uncommon. Next thing to check would be the regulator/rectifier. Again, and easy thing to replace yourself if need be. Google those issues for your bike and see what comes up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts