Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested? 25 bucks and tues.'s are supposed to be sportbike nights. I know Paladinew wanted to go.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Any idea why the price hike? Tuesday wouldn't work for me unfortuantly, have to work most of the day. Good luck on your runs

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's always been 25 bucks to run.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Remember when band practice was for dorks?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Captal said:
Remember when band practice was for dorks?
Thats changed??? :nerd

·
Registered
177 Posts
Rogue6 said:
Anyone interested? 25 bucks and tues.'s are supposed to be sportbike nights. I know Paladinew wanted to go.
What time are you planning on going? And do they do any sort of safty inspect before you go on the track? My front tire is a little worn

·
Registered
348 Posts
Only if you trap over 120 I believe

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Damn you Andy!!! I want to go but have volleyball Tuesday through Thursday. How late into the year do they do this?

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RC, I wanted to leave around/before 6pm. The tech thing is stupid easy to pass. They just want to make sure you are fluid tight, nothing will fall off the bike, and you have your gear.

Yea, if you trap over 123mph, you need leather pants, but it can even be more of a fashion pant. They don't care.

Otherwise if your under 123, you need over the ankle boots (work boots are fine), a jacket (i've seen people with textile), helmet, gloves, and long pants. If it's your first time and your on a 600cc or below, I doubt you will break the 123 barrier until towards the end of the night, if that.

Jake, they keep the track open pretty late in the year. Would be cool if you could make it though. Get some use out of those leathers you have. Try to hit 9's with the 10r!

Tuesdays are billed as sportbike night too so there are usually a few really fast ones there. Some turbo/nitrous busa's too from IL I believe.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a little heads up too... this is what you do NOT want to do off of the line...

(hehe, sorry Mike, I couldn't resist)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Jake said:
Well Andy this is the result of our conversation today...
...dinner! :lol

I've always thought about this happening to me because my dad told me a story that when he was younger and while riding his motorcycle a bird flew out and hit him square in the stomach. He said it knocked the wind out of him, but he didn't dump his bike.

Greg, I'm glad you made it through the situation with just a few bird guts to clean up...it could have been a lot worse. I'm glad it wasn't the latter.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'd like to go, but I promised myself I would do the world a favor and never wear leather pants.

·
Registered
348 Posts
mykrowsy said:
I'd like to go, but I promised myself I would do the world a favor and never wear leather pants.
You don't like your skin? I said the same thing last season, then I bought some this season anyway.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Captal said:
You don't like your skin? I said the same thing last season, then I bought some this season anyway.
I like my skin, that's why i wear a jacket. And if I were racing, I'd probably wear them.

·
Jerk
990 Posts
sexNstillettos said:
Thats changed??? :nerd
First i'm gay, now I am a dork, what's next? Are you going to kill the pets I don't have? I may ride a flaming bike but I still like females.

Tom.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Dont forget the teather kill switch..Sounds like fun but a little to far to drive. Its funny because at WIR, the techs wouldnt let my buddy run his bike without a kill switch but there were guys on Busa's with just jeans on.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts