Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put new brake pads on my racebike EBC HH and with the bike on the stand the front wheel is pretty hard to spin (by hand). I mean, it spins but not very freely. I took a little fluid out of the reservoir thinking maybe there was too much... but other than that...is this normal? Anything else I am not thinking of?

·
Registered
928 Posts
get some brake cleaner and clean out the calipers. i am usually able to get the front tire to spin 20-25 times just by cleaning the calipers...and yes i pump the brakes back up :)

·
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you ever have any type of dragging though? I was thinking it may be somewhat normal but then I was thinking that the pads are gonna get really fucking hot at the races this weekend if they drag

·
Registered
928 Posts
ohhhhhhhh yeah. my r6 that, i just recently attained, wouldnt even spin 5 times. cleaned them up and spun over 20 times. same thing happens with the aprilias.

just really get that brake cleaner in there and spray all that junk out...a lot of shit gets in there. i usually spray the cleaner, push the pucks back, and spray some more. wipe down, put together and voila. clean em before every race.

·
Registered
910 Posts
A little drag is normal. If the wheel won't at least complete several (at least 5 or more) revolutions with an easy spin, there is too much brake drag.

·
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks darkstar, thats what i'll be doing one night this week then...appreciate it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts