Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
i ride sideways
Joined
·
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought id make a thread where we can post up the results of whenever someone goes to the strip. ive gone 2 out of the last 3 weekends riding a friends 03 R6, dont have the slips but i was running 7.40s in the 1/8 with 1.9x 60's.

update as necessary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Friday july 9.
Pueblo Colorado
4500 foot Altitude
Temp HOT!!!
This run was up against a bone stock 04 ZX10. At least I had him in the 1/8th mile...
My bike was older than the ZX10 rider. 1982 KZ1000. Just "slightly" modified. Mostly weight reduction, really. My KZ weights around 325 wet. Only mild motor work. 1133cc , stock head, mild cam. A few toys, like an air shifter and two step spark box. Stretched about 10 inches. Street tires. Nothing fancy... I had the thing in the low 10's before with a ported head and radical cams, but slowed it down this year to run on street tires and be a more consistant , easier to ride, bracket bike... Anyway , here is the time slip. I'm 5766 on the left...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,689 Posts
fredcbr1100 said:
Friday july 9.
Pueblo Colorado
4500 foot Altitude
Temp HOT!!!
This run was up against a bone stock 04 ZX10. At least I had him in the 1/8th mile...
My bike was older than the ZX10 rider. 1982 KZ1000. Just "slightly" modified. Mostly weight reduction, really. My KZ weights around 325 wet. Only mild motor work. 1133cc , stock head, mild cam. A few toys, like an air shifter and two step spark box. Stretched about 10 inches. Street tires. Nothing fancy... I had the thing in the low 10's before with a ported head and radical cams, but slowed it down this year to run on street tires and be a more consistant , easier to ride, bracket bike... Anyway , here is the time slip. I'm 5766 on the left...

NICE JOB!

Those new ZX10R's are contenders no matter what anyone else says. Eventually, the ZX10R in the NEW 1000 S/S in AMA/PROSTAR will eventually dominate like the ZX6R did in 600 S/S since 1995.

Tough and good race regardless! :headbang
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
03 gsxr 1000
-1 tooth front, and slip-on pipe
strapped front, lowered 3" in rear


60'= 1.546
1/8= 6.457 @113.34
1/4=9.939 @ 140.18

be safe out there guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,689 Posts
mako said:
03 gsxr 1000
-1 tooth front, and slip-on pipe
strapped front, lowered 3" in rear


60'= 1.546
1/8= 6.457 @113.34
1/4=9.939 @ 140.18

be safe out there guys

AWESOME!

Heck..........With those #'s you can run SUPER GAS, SUPERSTREET or PRO E/T in the XMRA out here in Cali!

AWESOME RIDING!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,689 Posts
mako said:
:D

yes stock wheel base. ....i was happy

Got to bring that out to Cali for an ALL BIKE drag race on August 22nd at the California Speedway.

SUPERSTREET = 60", No power adders, DOT or M/T tires, no bars.........
XTREME SUPERSTREET = up to 68", turbo and/or nitrous, DOT or M/T tires, no bars.........

Both are heads-up categories. Both are for naturally aspirated and newer injected 900 - 1300cc rockets!


Johnny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,689 Posts
evils-03-RR said:
Beach Bend Park
Bowling Green, KY
Tonight July 24th
Bone stock 600RR
First time ever on a drag line
Best time 12.100 138mph

Not quite sure why my top speed was so high but it was consistant 136-138 for three runs in a row.
My r/t is best .231 I'm working on it. I dont think thats bad for my first drag race.

Definitely street or course geared.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/8 mile. running best time 7.32 @ 92 mph was wondering if anyone knows their 1/4 and 1/8 times for a 96 f3
__________________
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
evils-03-RR said:
Beach Bend Park
Bowling Green, KY
Tonight July 24th
Bone stock 600RR
First time ever on a drag line
Best time 12.100 138mph

Not quite sure why my top speed was so high but it was consistant 136-138 for three runs in a row.
My r/t is best .231 I'm working on it. I dont think thats bad for my first drag race.
That MPH has to be a mistake. :dunno My bike runs 10.3 @ 137mph. Mako's GSXR1000 runs 9.9 @ 140mph. It's gotta be timing equipment problems at the track (happens at our track sometimes with bikes)... :dunno

EDIT - I just looked up the record for 600ss Prostar bikes which are making quite a few more ponies than your stock 600RR. Ryan Schnitz ran a 9.6 @ 140mph. Your 138mph definitely is a mistake..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
boostnsrt said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/8 mile. running best time 7.32 @ 92 mph was wondering if anyone knows their 1/4 and 1/8 times for a 96 f3
__________________
I ran my bro's 1998 F3 with exhaust and +2 rear sprocket as only mods and ran:

7.2 @ 101mph in the 1/8th
11.2 @ 123mph in the 1/4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
New to the board

Hi everyone. I am new here. I have a 2003 Hayabusa with a few mods. Last night at the track I went a best of 9.56 in the 1/4 at 146.03 mph. That was with a 1.609 60 foot. Its taken all year to get those kind of numbers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,164 Posts
I just ran for the first time, on my old zx7 with 45k miles.

11.95 @ 120

and my friend ran it to 11.79 @ 118
and now its ticking :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,689 Posts
Busa Rick said:
Hi everyone. I am new here. I have a 2003 Hayabusa with a few mods. Last night at the track I went a best of 9.56 in the 1/4 at 146.03 mph. That was with a 1.609 60 foot. Its taken all year to get those kind of numbers.
Nice bit of riding!

Welcome to SBN :)
 

·
Superbike fan
Joined
·
871 Posts
'02 ZX6R
Stock

Cool, overcast day with some wind.

11.454 @ 123.21

2.001 60 foot time

.104 R/T

I need to work on the launching.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,018 Posts
03 GSXR 1000

1/8 mile
1.85 60'
7.02 @107 mph.

Bone freaking stock. Will try a strap next time. First time ever drag racing (a bike) other than one run on my uncle's KZ 1300
 
1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Top