Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any interest in going down there this Friday after work for test n tune? $5 to watch $20 to race. Just need a helmet,leather jacket and over the ankle shoes and gloves. I am thinking of going down there. I suck at the launch but its fun. Usualy have the small cc bikes beat me in the 60' and I reel em in by the end of the 1/8 mile. Best time is a hair under 7 sec at about 110.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I might be up for that. Have to see if anything comes up on my schedule, but I think I'll plan on it for now.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They open at 5;30and its about an hour ride down there. So figure we leave at 4:30ish (maybe earlier if we can so we can stop and get a bite). You can usually make 20-30 passes no problem. Depends on how many people show up. Also a very diverse crowd of people and vehicles.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well I guess I got roped into going to the fair tomorrow, so I won't be able to go. I don't know if I'd be able to leave work that early anyway, I haven't been able to see the top of my desk in weeks :p

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. thanks for letting me know. I may trailer the bike down then unless others want to ride. That way I can bring extra gas, full leathers, tools, etc... Next time.

We should get together and do that Pella ride again one of these days. You still living in the same place?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, that sounds like fun. I haven't gone on a long all-day ride this summer.
I still live in Altoona, but I've moved a couple blocks away.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best I could muster was a 7 sec pass at 111.5 in the 1/8 mile. I should be mid 6s but I can't launch worth a shit. Oh well it was fun. I may go again sometime this year and try for that sub 7 sec pass. Accd to conversion tables 7 sec pass is high 10s. and my mph would translate into low 140s in the 1/8. Interestingly, the stock 12 had a fatser mph than my stock Busa by 2-3 mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts