Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I name my bikes. SBN meet Draco. Draco, SBN.

After the little mishap in the garage last month, I decided to make a few changes along with the repairs...

For reference here's what we started with:

The frame sliders and rear stand spools went on the day after I got it.

Then the fender elimination... (passenger pegs also came off right after this pic was taken)

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then... it fell in the garage causing quite a bit of damage, including...

The right mirror & clip-on snapped, the sub frame bent, the tank dented and shroud cracked, as well as the right tail smashed. Some other cuts and bruises also....

Insurance paid the claim, but I had a pretty high deductible, so I got as much as I could from Ebay, or located some used stuff locally. The rest I had to get from Suzuki. During the recovery process I decided to do some extra stuff to help myself get over it quicker. :D

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So, almost a month later, it's finally all back together and better than before. :banana

Mods:

ASV shorty levers
Galfer SS fr brake lines
Vortex clip-ons (needed to replace broken stock clip-on)
Vortex rearsets
Yoshi R-55 slip-on
PCIII USB
K&N air filter

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice, I would remove the reflectors on the forks though.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Looks great! The tail looks really smooth and clean...excellant choice for the fender eliminator...

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! My SO did the fender elimination. The tag light is an automotive light and the tag is attached with L-brackets.

I'm afraid to remove the reflectors b/c the bike is so dark, that's the only thing that makes it visible from the side at night. Though, now that it's staying light for later in the day I won't be riding as much at night as I do in the winter. I'd like to find some black reflectors to put there.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
So when are you going to put some SS lines on the bike?

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Nice tail section there Tammy :devil

Oh, and howdy howdy

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
I'm great. pretty busy with work and other things so haven't been in here much lately

Pasha was in Vegas over the weekend. Met up with her Friday night. Very cool, sweet gal.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
sounds like she's got a lot to deal with right now so doesn't surprise me

she said they're doing a track day next weekend but I don't remember where

also told me about your new bike's garage mishap...that really sux! Looks great now though, even though the logo starts with an "S" instead of a "Y" :neener

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Just kidding with you. I'll def. be checking out the GSX in the next year or two when looking into getting a track bike. That and the F4i's replacement (model escapes me at the moment). Prolly have to consider the R6 for obvious reasons but notice the order :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts